Raider Offseason Workouts (Rookie minicamp, OTAs & more)

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Went from utterly useless to kinda useless lol. It was impossible circumstances with oc who never was a oc and an incomplete playbook tho. Besides the 2nd charger game he never really impressed me. Give him the benefit of the doubt tho

I don’t see a downside  with playing him if he’s good, we have a quarterback of the future if he sucks we get a high draft pick and get a QB.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Went from utterly useless to kinda useless lol. It was impossible circumstances with oc who never was a oc and an incomplete playbook tho. Besides the 2nd charger game he never really impressed me. Give him the benefit of the doubt tho

I mean, he didn’t look great and there were a few really dodgy games like Minnesota and Kansas but I thought he did do enough for teams to respect his arm though? That’s what your point was wasn’t it, rather than out and out level of play unless I’ve misunderstood?

Of course, he can improve and by no means is he a finished product at this stage so there is some hope, though same as most I don’t expect him to become THE franchise QB. I think he possibly becomes a Jacoby Brissett type level of QB which would be decent for a 4th round pick honestly. Low end starter or high level backup guy.

Edited by Darbsk

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I mean, he didn’t look great and there were a few really dodgy games like Minnesota and Kansas but I thought he did do enough for teams to respect his arm though? That’s what your point was wasn’t it, rather than out and out level of play unless I’ve misunderstood?

Of course, he can improve and by no means is he a finished product at this stage so there is some hope, though same as most I don’t expect him to become THE franchise QB. I think he possibly becomes a Jacoby Brissett type level of QB which would be decent for a 4th round pick honestly. Low end starter or high level backup guy.

Meh imo “respect his arm” = respect him as a good nfl starter level qb. I don’t think he’s done that yet. But like I said he started in a bad situation so how he start this year will be huge. Whole off season he should be ready. He looked good in the preseason tho but so did Wilson.

10 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don’t see a downside  with playing him if he’s good, we have a quarterback of the future if he sucks we get a high draft pick and get a QB.

Same here plus we don’t have a lot of options and gard dogg can play if aoc doesn’t look good 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2024 at 7:16 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

AOC looks less pudgy compared to last year. I guess the reports of him trying to get in better shape and work on his mobility are true. That bodes well for us.

Someone in the media mentioned it during one of his first press conferences this season.  The guy looks in shape.  You can tell he took his conditioning very seriously this year.  I think his mobility will improve a little bit because of it.  Not running or escaping the pocket necessary but just movement shifting away from sacks.  You can tell the guy is determined to get better.

39 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Someone in the media mentioned it during one of his first press conferences this season.  The guy looks in shape.  You can tell he took his conditioning very seriously this year.  I think his mobility will improve a little bit because of it.  Not running or escaping the pocket necessary but just movement shifting away from sacks.  You can tell the guy is determined to get better.

You would hope so wouldn’t you.

I mean the absolute bare minimum you  would expect of a highly paid professional athlete (relatively compared to the majority of jobs) is to be near his best condition, anything less is a massive red flag in my book.

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I mean the absolute bare minimum you would expect of a highly paid professional athlete (relatively compared to the majority of jobs) is to be near his best condition, anything less is a massive red flag in my book.

And yet it happens.  Plenty of players come in out of shape, don't really try to progress further physically, or have stipulations/conditions in their contracts to maintain weight (I think Eddie Lacy had some of those written in his contract).  I mean when you look at how AOC looked when he entered the league he clearly wasn't in great shape.  Maxx Crosby wasn't in shape to play DE in the NFL when he was a rookie either.  He's put on roughly 40-50 lbs since entering the league.  So yeah, I'm glad he took his conditioning seriously.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 1:48 PM, Darbsk said:

I mean the absolute bare minimum you  would expect of a highly paid professional athlete (relatively compared to the majority of jobs) is to be near his best condition, anything less is a massive red flag in my book.

It’s different for QBs a few of them carry extra weight so they can take the pounding better.

8 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

It’s different for QBs a few of them carry extra weight so they can take the pounding better.

I could understand that logic in the 80s or 90s but today you’re hardly allowed to touch the sacred QB so maybe being in better shape, more lithe and mobile and being able to evade and move in the pocket better would be a better strategy.

• Like 2

AOC knows he's already beaten the odds to be here. He was so far down the depth chart in college but became the starter. A pocket passer in a scrambling QB trend time for the NFL and he started quite a bit for a rookie because Jimmy G's noodle arm and McDaniels failures as a head coach. So of course AOC is running with it. We also didn't draft a rookie QB so he knows he's going to have at least this year and probably next to prove he belongs as a starting NFL QB. I think Minshew beats him out at some point because of experience but they will compete and both be ready on game days. I'll root for both and hope the Wins come. A playoff appearance would do wonders getting better FA's especially if we're winning with what we've got at QB. 

36 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Tyree is ENORMOUS.

It would be funny if he was a beast and tore it up now that he’s healthy and not a rookie. All these clown posters were bashing him because he didn’t have 15 sacks as a rookie lol