2024 Washington Training Camp Discussion/Videos

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

OOF. Tough going for Dotson. 

I don’t get it. He was over drafted but he’s a talented player. Can’t meet expectations and making the jump to the NFL. Has a little more time but not looking good. 

Man who would’ve thunk it…trading back and over drafting Dotson instead of just picking Olave or Hamilton would’ve been a mistake. Man I wonder who said at the time it was a terrible idea????? I’ll shut up now lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

OOF. Tough going for Dotson. 

Someone else had a tweet or video that had Quinn mentioning Jahan being in the mix for the #2 spot with Zaccheaus, Luke McCaffery & Dyami. Jahan was mentioned.

Quinn is basically saying the entire job is open.

https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1824095543577977055?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

My thing with Zaccheaus is I don't think he's much of a downfield threat, he's more of a slot guy. Jahan does both. 

I could see Jahan being the #2 and Zaccheaus being the slot, I've always thought that was a possibility.

Edited by turtle28

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Someone else had a tweet or video that had Quinn mentioning Jahan being in the mix for the #2 spot with Zaccheaus, Luke McCaffery & Dyami. Jahan was mentioned.

Quinn is basically saying the entire job is open.

https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1824095543577977055?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

My thing with Zaccheaus is I don't think he's much of a downfield threat, he's more of a slot guy. Jahan does both. 

I could see Jahan being the #2 and Zaccheaus being the slot, I've always thought that was a possibility.

Do you know how ridiculous it is that they’re so disappointed in a first round pick that he’s in competition with a late third rounder and a bunch of scrubs? It’s absurd. There is no sugarcoating this. 

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Do you know how ridiculous it is that they’re so disappointed in a first round pick that he’s in competition with a late third rounder and a bunch of scrubs? It’s absurd. There is no sugarcoating this. 

He's also been yanked around a lot though. His rookie year he played almost exclusively outside and he did great there. Then last year and seemingly this year they are pushing him into the Slot. Maybe he just isn't comfortable there. I don't know why coaches try to force players into positions they aren't good at. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

That's certainly an assumption. They have not made any statements about being disappointed in Jahan. People are assuming a hell of a lot.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That's certainly an assumption. They have not made any statements about being disappointed in Jahan. People are assuming a hell of a lot.

The fact that he doesn't have the #2 spot locked up says that.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The fact that he doesn't have the #2 spot locked up says that.

Maybe, or it could be that they're not just giving the #2 job away and they're having it open for a competition. There really aren't any signs to Jahan not winning that starting spot as of right now.

It’s a competition. There are a lot of spots that are up for competition but that doesn't mean that the guys who have been projected to start aren't going to start.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe, or it could be that they're not just giving the #2 job away and they're having it open for a competition. There really aren't any signs to Jahan not winning that starting spot as of right now.

Pretty much DQ's quote and how much JD is playing says that. 

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s a competition. There are a lot of spots that are up for competition but that doesn't mean that the guys who have been projected to start aren't going to start.

Fair. But the odds don't seem to be leaning that way. Be honest.