2024 Schedule. 17 games, or more...?

Vikings 2024 schedule:

Week 1: @ Giants W, 1-0
Neither team is really ready to start the season with their personnel, and defense tends to win those games. Flores earns us the win.

Week 2: Vs 49ers L, 1-1
Home opener, we're fired up, the crowd is behind us, but c'mon it's the 49ers. Hopefully we keep it close.

Week 3: Vs Texans L, 1-2
A needed win, but it comes out on the wrong side.

Week 4: @ Packers L, 1-3
We'd win if it was at home, but it's at Lambeau. Hopefully we make Love work for it and the doubts of him return.

Week 5: Vs Jets (London) W, 2-3
Coaches get the team's mentality in the right place, and we win on a neutral field.

Week 6: BYE 2-3

Week 7: vs Lions W, 3-3
McCarthy's first start and Hockenson's return game. We grind out a non spectacular win. Or maybe it's a shoot out, who knows?

Week 8: @ Rams (TNF) W, 4-3
The bright lights are on JJ, Jets, Addy, and KOC for this game, and they come through. We get out of town at above .500 for the first time this season.

Week 9: Vs Colts W, 5-3
We continue a win streak and the media starts wondering if we're a good team. Nah, we're just doing enough not to lose.

Week 10: @ Jaguars L, 5-4
We always lose a game we shouldn't have, and this one's the one.

Week 11: @ Titans W, 6-4
We beat the Titans in Nashville and there's talk we're going to the playoffs. It's just talk, we're still learning how to play football this year.

Week 12: @ Bears L, 6-5
The Bears have it figured out by now and are looking impressive.

Week 13: Vs Cardinals W, 7-5
Finally, a game we actually beat up on an opponent and lead the entire game.

Week 14: Vs Falcons L, 7-6
Cousins gets the win. Or is it Penix who does?

Week 15: Vs Bears (MNF) L, 7-7
Da Bearz beat us twice this year. Dammit.

Week 16: @ Seahawks W, 8-7
It's miserable, wet, and windy for this game, so JJ does what he has experience at - handing the ball off and managing a hard core running game.

Week 17: Vs Packers W, 9-7
Another game we actually control and win with some emphasis.

Week 18: @ Lions L, 9-8
Campbell refuses to rest starters as he's fighting for the #1 seed.

I always see one more win than what we end up with, so i'll predict a closing record of 8-9 but things look good for 2025.

• Like 1

Kind of glad we have a weak opponent week 1. If the game is close (or if we lose), it's a sign that we probably won't be pulling a rabbit out of the hat this season.

For the Minnesota Vikings, it’s great that the matchup with Atlanta doesn’t come in Week 1 or even in the first half of the season. Kevin O’Connell’s team has plenty of exciting narratives to work through on their own, and Cousins returning to U.S. Bank Stadium would all but dominate those out of the gate.

Sam Darnold is expected to start for the Minnesota Vikings in Week 1, but Week 14 represents a very real chance that rookie J.J. McCarthy will have taken over. If that happens to be the case, then Cousins’ return will come against the guy who replaced him for the franchise he spent the past handful of years with.

Watching McCarthy go up against Cousins at U.S. Bank Stadium would be a welcomed showdown for even the former Vikings quarterback’s biggest supporters. It isn’t as though Cousins left on bad terms, but he chased dollars again, leaving the franchise in a position where an incoming rookie could play hero.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/analysis/atlanta-falcons-timing-is-perfection-for-vikings?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

For the Minnesota Vikings, it’s great that the matchup with Atlanta doesn’t come in Week 1 or even in the first half of the season. Kevin O’Connell’s team has plenty of exciting narratives to work through on their own, and Cousins returning to U.S. Bank Stadium would all but dominate those out of the gate.

Sam Darnold is expected to start for the Minnesota Vikings in Week 1, but Week 14 represents a very real chance that rookie J.J. McCarthy will have taken over. If that happens to be the case, then Cousins’ return will come against the guy who replaced him for the franchise he spent the past handful of years with.

Watching McCarthy go up against Cousins at U.S. Bank Stadium would be a welcomed showdown for even the former Vikings quarterback’s biggest supporters. It isn’t as though Cousins left on bad terms, but he chased dollars again, leaving the franchise in a position where an incoming rookie could play hero.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/analysis/atlanta-falcons-timing-is-perfection-for-vikings?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

And then we'd all be disappointed when it's Nick Mullens vs. Taylor Heinicke. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Cousins, on playing in MINN: “It’ll be a unique experience. So many familiar faces, so many people that mean so much to me and my family, so many great memories in that stadium, in that city. It’ll be a mix of emotions. We’ll see once we get there, but that’s certainly a game you’re aware of when the schedules come out."

“A lot of emotions do hit you. As you touch down, land in the plane, bus to the hotel and you realize you’re going to the away hotel, not the home team hotel. As you head to the stadium and you see different security guards around the tunnel, the entrance that used to be for you, and now they’re against you. Obviously, during warmups, you see so many people – support staff, teammates, coaches – that mean so much to you, now on the opposing team.”

https://purpleptsd.com/2024/top_news/kirk-cousins-return/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I am super pumped for your home opener as I will be checking your gorgeous stadium off my list this year. Any tips for gameday and the area around the stadium?

Drink Surly beer. Eat a Juicy Lucy (cheese stuffed hamburger). 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Already speaking my language 😁 

y2 goes waaaaay back on this site, one of the original good guys here.

help him out, give him some more suggestions, guys....

where are places to go, things to do...?

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 9:11 PM, y2lamanaki said:

I am super pumped for your home opener as I will be checking your gorgeous stadium off my list this year. Any tips for gameday and the area around the stadium?

If you go a day or two before the game see if you can get a tour of the stadium. It might only happen during the off season...I toured it in May 2018 when I was in town for a conference. It's a really cool tour!

• Like 2