Titans OTA/Training Camp Thread

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I had some interest in who was wearing the green dot, but yea overall an overblown convo

Gibbens seems to have really seized the opportunity to lock in as a starter. Know it's way too early, but kinda surprised that Cedric Gray has had such a quiet camp. Didn't hear a peep about him until this last weekend. Doesn't mean anything right now, but was hoping he'd shine early.

I expected Gray to be the guy right off the bat, but he is still a rookie, so it shouldn't be surprising.  Gibbens with even average athleticism would be an excellent LB, so I get why coaches like him.  But I still like Gray to be a starter before the season ends.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I expected Gray to be the guy right off the bat, but he is still a rookie, so it shouldn't be surprising.  Gibbens with even average athleticism would be an excellent LB, so I get why coaches like him.  But I still like Gray to be a starter before the season ends.

I get that the internal competition is minimal, but it's pretty telling/interesting that Gibbens is viewed highly enough by this current defensive staff to be a Week 1 starter. He screamed Vrabel-guy last year and I assumed he would be on his way out w/ this new staff. Obviously he's limited, but the guy can clearly play in the NFL and is super smart. While it's still a position I think we need to improve at, props to Gibby for earning it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Daniel said:

agreed. gibbens will do probably the same thing he did last year: excel in practice due to his mental aptitude and then get exposed in actual games due to his physical limitations. 

15 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Burks or Brown? Clearly Burks is the better choice, save money on the cap!

- Jon Robinson

That man literally turned out franchise around & destroyed it with the dumbest trade in titan history, I thought I’ll never say letting Hayensworth walk in FA was the biggest front office mistake, but AJ trade in fact is.