Teams you think are overrated or underrated at this point

bomont

3 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Yeah, Vegas has the Bears at 8.5 wins and that's absurd.  Like even if Caleb is incredible eventually, he's going to struggle as a first year player.  What you're hoping for with a first year QB (any QB, no matter how highly touted as a prospect) is that the game starts to slow down for him in the back half of the season and you can build on that.

Is it that absurd? They won 7 games last season and it definitely seems like they should be better this coming season.

I don't think they are a likely playoff team, but unless Caleb is really struggling I don't see how 8-9 wins is a bad expectation. If they do suck they have to completely start over with the coaching staff though.

• Like 1

I was wondering who was "rating" the Bills and then saw they have the highest win totals for the AFC East in Vegas. I suppose it's on the other teams in that division to prove they can win more.

I also see the Rams are 3 games worse than the 49ers.. I think I would buy on the Rams too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, General Tso said:

I was wondering who was "rating" the Bills and then saw they have the highest win totals for the AFC East in Vegas. I suppose it's on the other teams in that division to prove they can win more.

I also see the Rams are 3 games worse than the 49ers.. I think I would buy on the Rams too.

Yea the only thing that makes sense is if they're hedging that Stafford will get hurt and miss some time. Otherwise I don't understand the 8.5 win total (and being the same as the Bears)

31 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Yea the only thing that makes sense is if they're hedging that Stafford will get hurt and miss some time. Otherwise I don't understand the 8.5 win total (and being the same as the Bears)

I think they’re also factoring that arguably the greatest defensive player of all-time retired, lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bomont said:

? What on earth is an LDT?

Ladinian Tomlinson way back when in an over rated/under rated post on the old forum.  It would be like Ace making the prediction that Jayden Daniels will be the first QB to rush for 2k yards in a season and that it will be done by his rookie year.  Typing that out I am kinda expecting something a little extreme regarding the new QB soon.

Bringing up Ace and predictions... if the one RB from LSU was not such a bag of turds (as a person not player) I was expecting him to break 2k.  I felt that he was a significantly better pure runner than Fournette at LSU.  Hope this one makes it up for you Ace.

I get people sleeping on the Jags with how the season finished. They’ll probably win 10 games and fight for a WC spot. Biggest additions were Morse, who is a massive upgrade over Fortner and Nielsen at DC. If Lawrence cuts back on the TO’s, they’ll be fine.

As for overrated, easily the Jets. Haven’t had a winning season in about 10 years, 40 year old QB coming off of an achilles injury, signed some injury prone players this off-season, OL still a massive question mark. Another 7 win season on deck. 

21 hours ago, Soko said:

Do the Steelers count? Is anyone out there all that high on them?

I think Pittsburgh misses. Yeah, they’ve got an actual game managing QB and an OC that’s going to run the ball. Moving off of Pickett and going to Russ (or Fields, with his legs) should be a net positive. But I’m pretty lukewarm on Patrick Queen away from Roquan, at least until proven otherwise. Trading Diontae Johnson and replacing him with Van Jefferson isn’t a net positive, I think. Still have questions about their secondary, and have to wonder if Cam Hayward’s finally hit his wall. But mostly?  9-3 in one score games last year (which tend to be volatile and swing back the other way), the hardest schedule this year, and an absolute brutal second half. I know predicting actual bad results (not just below par, I mean bad) from a Mike Tomlin team is basically like predicting the sun won’t rise, but I’m gonna be surprised again if they prove doubters wrong in 2024.

They do?! I don’t see one on that roster.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 11:56 PM, WeBlitz said:

I think they’re also factoring that arguably the greatest defensive player of all-time retired, lol.

pretty clear that even factoring that in though, our roster on defense is significantly better than it was a year ago

Yes and they have two legit WRs now and (finally) an improved running game. I don't see a SB but stranger things have happened. It's a shame Donald retired though.

On 5/18/2024 at 11:03 AM, Duluther said:

Underrated: Green Bay Packers

Regarding hype, they’re getting lost in a division with the NFC runner up (Detroit) and the apple of the NFL’s eye of the NFL Draft (Chicago). GB was the youngest team last year and will be again this year; I see a good number of their youngsters taking a leap.

They have a high floor: their foundation is rock solid (HC, QB, #1 edge rusher, cap, age, building of chemistry).

But even still, their ceiling is very high: with Love having yet more untapped potential and the defense losing their berries (lotta first rounders who could emerge).

What? I've seen plenty of people pegging them as a top 3 team in the NFC lol. If anything they're overrated Imo

• Like 5

On 5/19/2024 at 9:59 AM, burlow said:

Ladinian Tomlinson way back when in an over rated/under rated post on the old forum.  It would be like Ace making the prediction that Jayden Daniels will be the first QB to rush for 2k yards in a season and that it will be done by his rookie year.  Typing that out I am kinda expecting something a little extreme regarding the new QB soon.

Bringing up Ace and predictions... if the one RB from LSU was not such a bag of turds (as a person not player) I was expecting him to break 2k.  I felt that he was a significantly better pure runner than Fournette at LSU.  Hope this one makes it up for you Ace.

He ain't LDT unless you're a boomer from New York, he's just LT

I think the Falcons are overrated purely based on the divisional odds, it has nothing to do with the Penix pick. They are -110 to win the division and yet TB is +300 and NO is even longer. Are we sure Cousins is going to be 100% healthy and back to normal coming off an injury, in a new offense and on a team with a new DC?

On 5/18/2024 at 6:10 PM, WhyAmIHere said:

The Rams are seriously underrated.  I think they'll be just as good as the Niners.  

I'm curious about their defense without Donald but if Stafford/Kupp/Nukua are healthy that offense will be tough to stop