Official 2025 QB Thread

goldfishwars

I was really impressed with Quinn Ewers. He looked really confident and was really showing off. No look passes, manipulating defenders with his eyes and hips, he was doing it all. 

Here's a question though- I don't even know if he is eligible, but let's just say Arch Manning was eligible and declared for the 2025 draft after this season, after spending this season in just a relief role like we saw this past week. Where do you think he would get drafted? Am I crazy to think he'd go #1?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I was really impressed with Quinn Ewers. He looked really confident and was really showing off. No look passes, manipulating defenders with his eyes and hips, he was doing it all. 

Here's a question though- I don't even know if he is eligible, but let's just say Arch Manning was eligible and declared for the 2025 draft after this season, after spending this season in just a relief role like we saw this past week. Where do you think he would get drafted? Am I crazy to think he'd go #1?

Matt Cassell went in the 7th in a similar but not apples to apples scenario so I suppose anything is possible. 

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Matt Cassell went in the 7th in a similar but not apples to apples scenario so I suppose anything is possible. 

Arch Manning is a redshirt freshman, only a redshirt sophomore or a high school athlete who went to a prep school after high school can declare as a sophomore or a redshirt freshman player.  Ewers could have declared last year but that is because he basically sat out a year at Ohio State and last year was his second full season starting for Texas and was a RS SOPH and could have declared last year but returned.  

Arch Manning is not eligible till 2026.  

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Arch Manning is a redshirt freshman, only a redshirt sophomore or a high school athlete who went to a prep school after high school can declare as a sophomore or a redshirt freshman player.  Ewers could have declared last year but that is because he basically sat out a year at Ohio State and last year was his second full season starting for Texas and was a RS SOPH and could have declared last year but returned.  

Arch Manning is not eligible till 2026.  

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Cam Ward is one to watch man. Might be QB1 before the season ends.

he's surrounded by a really strong roster at miami and there's a good shot he puts up the best fbs season of his career. as a prospect he's boom/bust- a lot of mechanical inconsistencies and extremely reckless habits. but he's got strong mentals/intangibles and between that and the mobile, off-platform playmaker types being all the rage i think if he maintains this level his draft stock is going to explode.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

he's surrounded by a really strong roster at miami and there's a good shot he puts up the best fbs season of his career. as a prospect he's boom/bust- a lot of mechanical inconsistencies and extremely reckless habits. but he's got strong mentals/intangibles and between that and the mobile, off-platform playmaker types being all the rage i think if he maintains this level his draft stock is going to explode.

Just on this past weekend alone, I jumped him up from a 5th or 6th round pick to potentially a 2nd rounder right now and very well could become a 1st rounder.

He was a dude on Miami and looked in complete control, yes was a little reckless at Washington State but with a better supporting cast and a more pro style system that is not all just spread and up tempo, Ward looked great.

Miami could no question go 12-0 in the regular season this year and he has a chance to perform in the ACC title potentially and the playoff as well.  Kid could really rise and week one against Florida he looked really good in a dominating win.  He was the best player on the field in that game and did absolutely anything he wanted and was under total control of that offense and that game.

On 9/4/2024 at 2:33 PM, minutemancl said:

Not crazy. At some people you have to look at the pedigree and prior success and take the chance. If he was available this year unless someone really blows up at QB…I’m taking Arch’s upside. Ward, Ewers, Sanders, Beck…all nice names without an ounce of potential of Arch Manning. 

On 9/4/2024 at 1:33 PM, minutemancl said:

#1 overall?  No.  FRP?  Maybe.  Day 2?  Think it'd be highly likely.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

#1 overall?  No.  FRP?  Maybe.  Day 2?  Think it'd be highly likely.

This is the sane, level headed take, I think. But...

10 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Not crazy. At some people you have to look at the pedigree and prior success and take the chance. If he was available this year unless someone really blows up at QB…I’m taking Arch’s upside. Ward, Ewers, Sanders, Beck…all nice names without an ounce of potential of Arch Manning. 

This is kinda how I feel. There's no Caleb Williams in this draft. 

On another note, Kyle McCord, take a bow. He's been on fire through 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

This is the sane, level headed take, I think. But...

This is kinda how I feel. There's no Caleb Williams in this draft. 

On another note, Kyle McCord, take a bow. He's been on fire through 2 weeks.

Ewers can take a bow as well.  2 great weeks.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Ewers can take a bow as well.  2 great weeks.

Kid looks good. I was never impressed by him prior to this year. Thought he was coasting off reputation as a high recruit. He's in control now though

15 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Kid looks good. I was never impressed by him prior to this year. Thought he was coasting off reputation as a high recruit. He's in control now though

He's got that Philip Rivers' delivery.  But he did the same thing last year.  He started off the year very strong with a big win over a top 10 team, and then kinda fizzled out in the middle of the season before turning it back on late.  I want to see more consistency out of him.  He's gonna be a FRP, but I'm not sure I see a franchise QB when I'm watching him.

• Like 1