How does the AFC North shake out in 2024?

Who will win the AFC North in 2024?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the AFC North in 2024?

• Baltimore Ravens
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/04/2024 at 11:00 PM

The battles of these tightly-knit northern squadrons look set to continue being the league's most competitive divisional affairs. Who comes out on top in this cold, physical, and bloodthirsty group? 

Does the addition of Derrick Henry and Lamar's slimmed-down approach keep the crown in Baltimore?

Will a healthy Joe Burrow wreak havoc as the Bengals take the title?

Will Nick Chubb look revitalized and ready to help the Browns pound teams on the ground? 

Or does Russell Wilson steel have it?

My early, subject-to-change prediction is that Cincy takes it back. I think bringing back Bell and adding Stone will help solidify the secondary, that had a lot of young players start last year. Losing Reader hurts, but Rankins offers some pass rush. As inconsistent as Trent Brown is, he is actually pretty good when he’s in, and between he and Mims, I think there’s a shot Cincy actually has an OL next year. Moving on from Mixon should help Zac Taylor get out of his predictive play calling, at least I hope. Gesicki is probably the best talent they’ve had at TE, if he can fit. 

I have reservations about Pittsburgh, and I can’t predict a division winner to go to the team with the 4th-ish best QB in the division (Cleveland).

Baltimore’s obviously coming off of a great regular season, but they’ve lowkey lost some pieces that contributed for them last year (Moses, Clowney, Stone,  Queen, Zeitler, Simpson, Odell, Edwards). The Ravens are the exact type of team that usually shrugs those type of things off, but I think the slim margins in the NFCN allow for Cincy to inch forward in the division race, given those losses.

• Like 1

I'm pretty split between Cincy and Baltimore.  I think chances are that whichever doesn't take it will be second in the division by a healthy margin.  Don't think the Browns or the Steelers are really in a position to compete.

22 hours ago, Soko said:

4th-ish best QB in the division (Cleveland).

ehhh... more like 5th-ish best QB in the division.

Lamar

Burrow (Super close to Lamar though)

Wilson

Fields

DeShaun

Jameis

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

ehhh... more like 5th-ish best QB in the division.

Lamar

Burrow (Super close to Lamar though)

Wilson

Fields

DeShaun

Fields sucks as a passer but good runner, and Wilson is a compromised game manager. Not sure Watson’s better than either, but it’s close. I’ll stick with 4th-ish. Either way, bottom tier league wide.

It comes down to the healthiest QB and the team with the least questions.

Cleveland: Can Deshaun stay healthy and will Houston Deshaun ever come back. 

Baltimore: Can Andrews stay healthy, what’s that WR corp looking like with Bateman #2, what’s the defense going to look like without a majority of their staff leaving.

Cincinnati: Can Burrow be/stay healthy; how will losing Mixon impact the offense, the situation with Trey and Tee.

Pittsburgh: What does Russ have left in the tank, can TJ stay healthy.

The Cincy offense may have the highest ceiling in the AFC North, but the Cincy defense has the lowest floor. I don't trust the bones of the defense at all, they were a decent defense with a bunch of jag veterans playing well for a couple years but that's not sustainable and they just have very little talent.

The Ravens on the other hand have the potential for both top 5 offense and top 5 defense, along with great special teams. I'm not worried about the losses, the Ravens have had good defenses for the last 25 years, they know how to draft and develop. I think the Ravens can squeeze out the division with 11 wins, with Cincy and the Browns at 10.

The bengals have quite a history with worst to first finishes, so I hope that plays out.  It will come down to Baltimore and Cincy, with Cleveland not that far behind.  

Not sure how the Pitt QBs play (the ol' If you have two, you have none), but their defense will still wreck teams.  But that late schedule is brutal.

I like the 'Vens again this year. They plugged many holes this offseason, although the WR room is about as icky as they come.. but Andrews, Lamar, and Henry make up for that