NFL to experiment with electronic system for first downs

Forge

10 hours ago, Flounch said:

What about every down ?

This doesn't have anything to do with spotting the ball. It's once the ball is spotted whether or not the 1st down was gained.

Same reason they haven't fixed the OOB punt spotting issue or have electronic verification of whether someone scored a TD or not.

27 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This doesn't have anything to do with spotting the ball. It's once the ball is spotted whether or not the 1st down was gained.

Same reason they haven't fixed the OOB punt spotting issue or have electronic verification of whether someone scored a TD or not.

They should continue to have the side judge sprint downfield, track penalties on the gunners, then flip their heads and hips to track punts, then make an educated guess on where it went OOB, continue marching up the sidelines, while the coaches on the sideline yell and lose their collective minds, because this is one of my favorite nonsensical football-isms.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They should continue to have the side judge sprint downfield, track penalties on the gunners, then flip their heads and hips to track punts, then make an educated guess on where it went OOB, continue marching up the sidelines, while the coaches on the sideline yell and lose their collective minds, because this is one of my favorite nonsensical football-isms.

And outside the 10 that educated guess is almost always an even number, unless it's a 5. Same rules I have for my TV volume.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And outside the 10 that educated guess is almost always an even number, unless it's a 5. Same rules I have for my TV volume.

You should see HS and D-3 football. It’s ALWAYS exactly on a 5 or 10 and your “great” referees just mark it on an odd or even number exactly on that number, certainly not in the middle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...