AJ Klein to IR

whodatworm23

3 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

LB was a weakness even when he was healthy. We really need to address it in the off-season.

Let's hope Craig and Te'o can stay healthy!

Also highlights the true weakness of this team and thats depth... Having as many rookies starting as we do is promising but it is also a tell tale sign of a lack of depth to begin with. Then add in all the injuries starting with Fairley up to Klien and all inbetween its really a testimate to this coaching staff for holding it together.

We really need go stockpile draft picks and target mid range free agents this offseason to address this depth issue.

11 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Also highlights the true weakness of this team and thats depth... Having as many rookies starting as we do is promising but it is also a tell tale sign of a lack of depth to begin with. Then add in all the injuries starting with Fairley up to Klien and all inbetween its really a testimate to this coaching staff for holding it together.

The bright side is we actually have good players, finally. Think of the years where our mediocre players were hurt and we pull a guy from a Jiffy Lube oil pit to play running back in a playoff game...and lose...to a 7-9 team....and still had to pay $79.95 for the "typically special order" air filter.

Yes, we are facing some key injuries, but we still have some really good players that are getting back into shape, and will take us into the playoffs.

Terrible news.

Other than LBer I think we're set for starters. After that we just need improved depth across the board. What depth is more important to address than a starting TE and LBer? Any?

IMO LBer is definitely our biggest need... and I could see taking a nice pass rusher over a TE, but I don't think we need help on the interior more than we need TE help. Saints target their TEs less than anyone in the league. It's a potential mismatch we're missing out on bigtime, especially with Kamara and Ingram already creating mismatch issues for LBers, a good TE could just mix it up even more. 

23 hours ago, SWATcha said:

True.....I've been crying  for LBs since the Dome Patrol days though :(

Now Kenny V is on IR... Dont ya just love how this staff toys with people. Made a big deal about him finally not being on the injury report only to announce today that hes done for the year.

LB core non existent!

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Now Kenny V is on IR... Dont ya just love how this staff toys with people. Made a big deal about him finally not being on the injury report only to announce today that hes done for the year.

LB core non existent!

I wish we had Stephone Anthony back. I know he sucked in coverage, but he was very athletic. He would at least be a killer special teams contributor.

On 12/20/2017 at 8:35 AM, domepatrol91 said:

Terrible news.

Other than LBer I think we're set for starters. After that we just need improved depth across the board. What depth is more important to address than a starting TE and LBer? Any?

IMO LBer is definitely our biggest need... and I could see taking a nice pass rusher over a TE, but I don't think we need help on the interior more than we need TE help. Saints target their TEs less than anyone in the league. It's a potential mismatch we're missing out on bigtime, especially with Kamara and Ingram already creating mismatch issues for LBers, a good TE could just mix it up even more. 

I think that the Saints bring back Graham next year if the Hawks don’t resign him. Why try to recreate the wheel? Graham and Brees are $$$...especially on third and distances and goal line. 

Definitely need to get at least one TE and LB this offseason who can contribute. 

10 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that the Saints bring back Graham next year if the Hawks don’t resign him. Why try to recreate the wheel? Graham and Brees are $$$...especially on third and distances and goal line. 

Definitely need to get at least one TE and LB this offseason who can contribute. 

I don't think the Saints will sign Jimmy (I'm very certain the Seahawks won't), but if they do then I think the offense could be lethal. That would then open the Saints up to taking a LB in the draft and hopefully fortifying our defense even more.

However, I don't think we sign him. He will probably demain a pretty big contract and I don't think the Saints are going to dish out big money this off-season. That with that fact that he may not even want to play here anymore after being traded. It's fun to think about though.

They do need a LB and a better TE though. These seam passes to Josh Hill in the redone do not work.

2 hours ago, JMG5 said:

I don't think the Saints will sign Jimmy (I'm very certain the Seahawks won't), but if they do then I think the offense could be lethal. That would then open the Saints up to taking a LB in the draft and hopefully fortifying our defense even more.

However, I don't think we sign him. He will probably demain a pretty big contract and I don't think the Saints are going to dish out big money this off-season. That with that fact that he may not even want to play here anymore after being traded. It's fun to think about though.

They do need a LB and a better TE though. These seam passes to Josh Hill in the redone do not work.

I'm not sure Jimmy has much leverage. I've watched a lot of Hawks games this year, and Jimmy has looked pretty abysmal for the most part. Tons of drops, looks slow, still can't block.

Inside the 20 though....he's still a monster. Seahawks and Wilson finally figured out how to use the guy in the red zone. So, how much is a TE whose only value is inside the red zone worth?

I'd love to see Jimmy reunite with Brees though. 

Archived