Commanders release K Brandon McManus; sign Ramiz Ahmed

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/commanders-release-k-brandon-mcmanus-after-sexual-assault-lawsuit-235034839.html

Washington signed the former Bronco and Jaguar just this offseason, but cut ties after his recent domestic abuse allegations came to light. This leaves no kicker on their roster, although they'll probably address the vacancy soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just Matt Araiza all over again.

14 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just Matt Araiza all over again.

Also wouldn't be surprised if he did it. 

Just have to let it play out. There's a lot of not good people out there. Maybe it's McManus, maybe lying accusers. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Just have to let it play out. There's a lot of not good people out there. Maybe it's McManus, maybe lying accusers. 

Yea, I think the stench from the prior ownership really tied their hands here

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Forge said:

Makes no sense to punish him, for probably like 3 years, before we know. This gives way too much power to false accusations (not saying McManus is innocent, but basically it makes false accusations able to ruin any career at any time). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Makes no sense to punish him, for probably like 3 years, before we know. This gives way too much power to false accusations (not saying McManus is innocent, but basically it makes false accusations able to ruin any career at any time). 

Yep, the Dodgers did the same with Trevor Bauer. Turned out to be B.S.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Yep, the Dodgers did the same with Trevor Bauer. Turned out to be B.S.

It did not turn out to be BS. There's a reason no MLB team is willing to touch Bauer with a ten foot pole.

On 6/4/2024 at 8:57 AM, SteelKing728 said:

The world needs more Harrison Butkers and less Brandon McManus'

@NudeTayneI'm still living my best life!!

I'm good with less of both.

On 6/4/2024 at 6:29 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Or NFL teams, being businesses, can protect their brands.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It did not turn out to be BS. There's a reason no MLB team is willing to touch Bauer with a ten foot pole.

Which means... absolutely nothing. Empty virtue signaling. It's been all but proven that she lied. But I'm not interested in having a long-winded discussion about this.

Edited by Football_Bachelor08

Posted (edited)

Sad part is, there are way more guilty men out there actually doing this, so taking any claim for grant it as a "false" report, simply can not occur. 

Until they change the law and false or faulty accusations come with a massive monetary fine and or prison time to the "accusers", this will continue to occur.

Whether it's a ploy to get a settlement? A ploy to get a player fired out of spite? It will continue to occurr. Sucks! 

But unfortunately it will continue. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm good with less of both.

Or NFL teams, being businesses, can protect their brands.

I agree.  I would love to see a guy just lay butker out. As for McManus the talent does not equal the tolerance.

9 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Which means... absolutely nothing. Empty virtue signaling. It's been all but proven that she lied. But I'm not interested in having a long-winded discussion about this.

The guy was a Cy Young caliber pitcher who can't get a job in the MLB. A NFL team signed a punter as soon as he was cleared. You think a MLB team wouldn't sign a top pitcher if he was cleared? C'mon.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The guy was a Cy Young caliber pitcher who can't get a job in the MLB. A NFL team signed a punter as soon as he was cleared. You think a MLB team wouldn't sign a top pitcher if he was cleared? C'mon.

It tells me MLB teams have less of a spine than the NFL. Besides, I'm more concerned about what the evidence actually says, not how an organization reacts to it.

Edited by Football_Bachelor08