TAPT Version 71.0 Kent Branstetter never votes for an incumbent

I recently saw Twister described as a 5🌟 3🌟 movie and it made so much sense. Just watched Sky Captian and the World of Tomorrow which fit this description perfectly. Suggestions for really good mediocre movies?

57 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I recently saw Twister described as a 5🌟 3🌟 movie and it made so much sense. Just watched Sky Captian and the World of Tomorrow which fit this description perfectly. Suggestions for really good mediocre movies?

The Warriors was kind of seen that way for many years. Now I am not sure that anyone under 50 knows about it. It was entirely stupid and unreal to the point that it shaped its own unreality in the Warriors' struggle to get past all the other gangs on their way home.

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

To me that's Semi Pro. And that's why it's my favorite.

I think Scott Pilgrim nailed what it was going for as well.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 8:03 PM, wgbeethree said:

Premium Rush

Unstoppable

Super Troopers

My wife will never understand why I think Super Troopers is so damn funny.  I think the first time she truly thought of me as an idiot was when I couldn't stop laughing during the 'chicken ******' scene.

• Like 3

So that Opening Ceremony was terrible. The boats down the river and Assassin's Creed theme were pretty lame.

They really treated the whole thing like they were E! on the red carpet for the Golden Globes. Somebody had to decide who would host the start of the most prestigious event in sports and that somebody came up with Snoop, Peyton, and Kelly Clarkson. SMH.

The only kinda cool things were the heavy metal/opera castle thing and the ghost horse.

20 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

So that Opening Ceremony was terrible. The boats down the river and Assassin's Creed theme were pretty lame.

They really treated the whole thing like they were E! on the red carpet for the Golden Globes. Somebody had to decide who would host the start of the most prestigious event in sports and that somebody came up with Snoop, Peyton, and Kelly Clarkson. SMH.

The only kinda cool things were the heavy metal/opera castle thing and the ghost horse.

And Giannis being the first athlete out. But I didn’t watch much more than that so missed the majority. Definitely agree with your assessment for the little I saw. 

On 7/22/2024 at 7:06 AM, Mazrimiv said:

My wife will never understand why I think Super Troopers is so damn funny.  I think the first time she truly thought of me as an idiot was when I couldn't stop laughing during the 'chicken ******' scene.

Do you boys like Mexico?

• Like 2

I find it strange that the word “lose” is under orthographical siege by an army of “loose” keyboarders, but the word “move” hasn’t been attacked by a similar “moovement”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I find it strange that the word “lose” is under orthographical siege by an army of “loose” keyboarders, but the word “move” hasn’t been attacked by a similar “moovement”.

There are quite a few people who either don't know the difference between "breathe" and "breath" or autocorrect changes it to "breath" every time.  It drives me insane.  

• Like 1