Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Taco Bowl XXVIII Posted)

3 hours ago, Kingram said:

QB: Kirk Cousins (ATL)
RB: Brian Robinson (WAS)
FB: Sam LaPorta (DET)
WR:  Jaxon Smith-Njigba (SEA), Puka Nacua (LAR)
DE: Keion White (NE), Leonard Floyd (SF)
DT: Christian Barmore (NE), Calijah Kancey (TB)
PS: Bo Nix (DEN)

All available. Also may be willing to move as many as 7 tags. 

I will start the bidding on 7 tags for a 4th

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nach has said in the past that posting the thread is "easy". Maybe he'd consider posting the S29 thread now so that trades can be locked in. Might help to keep some interested heading into next year.

Eh

Frankly, I need breaks from having to monitor this for my own sanity. Moreover, the beginning of a new thread is a natural point to have people renew interest to make sure we don't have inactive owners going into that season's draft.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Eh

Frankly, I need breaks from having to monitor this for my own sanity. Moreover, the beginning of a new thread is a natural point to have people renew interest to make sure we don't have inactive owners going into that season's draft.

Yessir, I don't blame you.

Any way that two owners that vow to renew can agree to trades here and have them locked in? They can be re-posted when the new thread is up.

I think that allowing trades now might keep interest and activity during the football season.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yessir, I don't blame you.

Any way that two owners that vow to renew can agree to trades here and have them locked in? They can be re-posted when the new thread is up.

I think that allowing trades now might keep interest and activity during the football season.

I do not enforce trades until a new season begins. You're free, of course, to agree to trades in principle (I do not recall a single instance of any owner going back on their word on such things) but owners have disappeared/dropped before unexpectedly & I feel strongly a new owner should have their team's fate in their own hands. Additionally, it just creates more work for me to comb the previous thread for trades I have to process at the season's start (especially if those assets are later re-traded). Also, at some level I feel like it's best for owners to make moves with the full knowledge of the outcome of the previous NFL season & I think there's a potential for regret in the case of an owner agreeing to a poor trade in hindsight (such as trading for a player who later gets injured or something).

I'm unsure if keeping up interest/activity is even desirable during the NFL season. Not only do I need a break, but I think most NSFL owners also appreciate being able to focus on actual football during this time. Plus, there's always our neighbor in this subforum, the BDL, that is active during the NFL season for those who want to get their GM fix (honestly, I think the two leagues being active at different times of the year benefits both of them).

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I do not enforce trades until a new season begins. You're free, of course, to agree to trades in principle (I do not recall a single instance of any owner going back on their word on such things) but owners have disappeared/dropped before unexpectedly & I feel strongly a new owner should have their team's fate in their own hands. Additionally, it just creates more work for me to comb the previous thread for trades I have to process at the season's start (especially if those assets are later re-traded). Also, at some level I feel like it's best for owners to make moves with the full knowledge of the outcome of the previous NFL season & I think there's a potential for regret in the case of an owner agreeing to a poor trade in hindsight (such as trading for a player who later gets injured or something).

I'm unsure if keeping up interest/activity is even desirable during the NFL season. Not only do I need a break, but I think most NSFL owners also appreciate being able to focus on actual football during this time. Plus, there's always our neighbor in this subforum, the BDL, that is active during the NFL season for those who want to get their GM fix (honestly, I think the two leagues being active at different times of the year benefits both of them).

Great points and info, thanks Nach.