(POLL) How many games does Washington Commanders win in 2024 season?

So how many games does Washington win this year?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What range of wins are you thinking right now for this team?

• 16-1/17-0 (absolutely dominating..greatest season ever!))
    • 14-3/15-2 (unexpected & shocked in a good way!)
    • 12-5/13-4 (opposing fans & ours, realize we finally got it right!)
    • 10-7/11-6 (Redskins nation wakes up from hibernation)
    • 8-9/9-8 (Some fans will call this an improvement...probably the realistic ones)
    • 6-11/7-10 (Probably the most popular prediction nation wide)
    • 4-13/5-12 (most interesting Washington topic is probably name change here)
    • 3 or less wins (Who we taking in the top 5?)

I want to know how confident you are in the team, even before the pre season games start.

From everything to *new* Ownership, Coaching Staff, Free Agency, Draft, Offensive/Defensive schemes,etc.

What is your confidence level right now? This is the thread, to be honest to your peers.

Edited by aceinthehouse

4-5. Our OL is awful and I have no faith in Forbes and St. Juste. Also, I'm not a big believer in our receivers outside of McLuarin. So I think we win either 4 or 5 games but look like we're heading in the right direction. The team won't be blown out but just won't have the horsepower to compete yet. 

I was stuck between 7 and 8 wins.

I think lots of teams get an immediate bump from widespread personnel changes, especially coaching, just in the sense that no one has film or tendencies on you. So you can grab some wins that you otherwise might not have, just by rolling out some stuff they’ve never seen or had the opportunity to prepare for.

I think that will be the case here, especially in terms of how they’ll be able to deploy Daniels. His legs will be something of a cheat code early on, and it seems like the overall offensive system is largely going to be built from scratch. Obviously, Kingsbury will use a lot of what he did with Murray — but how much will guys like Brian Johnson and Anthony Lynn contribute from their previous experiences, especially in the run game?

I think we’ll catch a few teams by surprise. I don’t think we’re good enough at a lot of positions right now to be an actual playoff contender, but I suspect we’ll be one of those “still in the hunt” teams on the fringes of the playoff picture graphics they show on TV up through maybe even the last couple weeks of the season.

14 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think we’re capable of being close to or a .500 team. 8-9 wins 

I still think this roster is a work in progress ! We'll add a nice piece or two .. so it's a bit early to call. !

• Like 1

Not because I think they will unless their OL clicks. But I do see talent and I believe in this staff. I believe in Jayden as well so I think 10-7 is possible but I think 8 wins is more realistic but I wanted to be a homer because I loved this offseason

I think we see a huge improvement on D. Quinn is big on a Defense creating turnovers. Partly why he wants hybrid positional roles & fresh rotations on Defense.

I think we see huge improvements from Quan Martin.

And rookie Sainristil is very good for this specific role, in creating turnovers.

Our LBer core is gonna go from a weakness, to a strength.

And our D- line has some serious good talent and depth all across. Cut down day will be rough for this group. We're likely to lose a player or two we wanted here.

But that O-line scares me.

If we can be just average League wide in this group?

We're gonna win a few games.

6 or 7 for me. I think the team will definitely be improved and we will see that in the coaching and in the play but, first year HC w/ a rookie QB & a lot of roster turnover with average at best OTs & average at best edge rushers spells a below average season to me.

What I hope I see though is Daniels show a lot of flashes, same with Dotson and hopefully Dyami too as what I hope is our 3rd WR. I also hope that Coleman locks down one of the OT spots and is at least serviceable.

On D, I expect the vets we added to be solid. What I really need to see though is St. Juste, Forbes, Sanristil, Jamin & our young safeties flash a lot. I expect our DTs to be better than last year w hopefully Newton & Mathis doing enough to give them rests. I expect Wagner & Luvu to be our best 2 LBs since Fletcher but if our edge rushers don’t generate pressure it will be a long day for our secondary like most of last year.

You guys may not know this now, but I think we've got the best coaching staff, we've had in 20 years. Maybe longer...

And probably the best front office, including ownership in 25 years.

Obviously, they weren't able to get EVERY player they wanted for their schemes.

And there are probably some holdovers from the Rivera tenure we pretty much have to keep for at least this season minimum. (That may or may not be good IE Forbes, Quan Martin, etc.)

Not to mention some contracts we can't really get out of IE Wylie & maybe some others.

But these guys know what their doing. I can assure you of that. Or better yet? They have a plan! They're not a bunch of bafoons, with no direction.

But good coaching gets the best out of players, anyways. So you'll see the best Forbes can do. The best of Quan Martin.

Hell, Even Mathis might look good.

Ok sorry...I was getting a little presumptuous....that probably ain't happening. But you see my point.

This team is coming like a storm. I would advise you guys to be ready.

We may not win 13 games...

We may not make the playoffs.

But they'll be fighting in every game.

If Jayden Daniels is a true Franchise QB & our line actually blocks for him?

This team is winning 10 games. Cause you know that defense is gonna be good.

Maybe 9, if we can't find a Kicker. Lol

On 6/16/2024 at 2:26 PM, ripsean21 said:

Not because I think they will unless their OL clicks. But I do see talent and I believe in this staff. I believe in Jayden as well so I think 10-7 is possible but I think 8 wins is more realistic but I wanted to be a homer because I loved this offseason

I will say 10-7 is the ceiling if everything goes well for us as it did in 2012, 2015 & 2020. We need the Cowboys or Eagles fo have some issues as well for that to happen.

• Like 1