Realistically, how much do the Panthers improve?

On 6/17/2024 at 8:26 PM, Steelersfan43 said:

It would be too funny if it happen for a 3 years in a row!

I mean technically the Panthers have had more head coaches since 2022 than the Steelers have had in their existence. What more do you need to be able to laugh about it? 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 10:11 AM, Soggust said:

How many years of excuses do we think he will he get? 

I actually think Bryce is in a situation where he does need to be pretty productive this year tbh.

Given the urgency to resign QBs before they get ridiculously expensive, the need to see significant progress early on feels more critical than ever imo.

Given they trade two no.1 picks for Bryce......three years. It's what the panthers previously gave newton (granted Newton was *the guy* and different ownership) and even then new HC and a wash rookie year. Two years to show progress and development and if he isn't improving or looking like the guy.....welp. He can't be any worse.

• 3 weeks later...

To me, the Panthers offense depend entirely on how the running game fares. I only see Young being successful in a heavy run system, I don’t see the Panthers having success if he’s forced to air it out all the time. Kinda Larry and build and offense like the early Russell Wilson offenses. I’m that sense, their offenses son makes a little more sense, get two high end guards, a high end RB, a bigger, potentially good blocking WR that has the speed to run deep PA routes, etc.  I don’t think the Panthers are equipped to air it out all game nor is Young’s skill set suited for that. Get him on the edges in PA rollouts and moving his feet and taking advantage of his mobility.

Kinda like Wilson, you can try and turning him into a pocket, high volume QB, but I feel like Wilson, it eventually will have diminishings returns

Edited by PacAttack04

21 hours ago, PacAttack04 said:

To me, the Panthers offense depend entirely on how the running game fares. I only see abductees zyou g successful in a heavy run system, I don’t see the Panthers having success if he’s forced to air it out all the time.

The new "a sauteed salmon." 

I could see the Panthers going 4-13, 7-10, 11-6 Division Winner. 

Wouldn’t shock me one bit if Canales fails with Bryce and he keeps sucking, or completely turns him around into a Top 12 QB. Neither are surprising outcomes. 

On 7/23/2024 at 12:07 AM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

With how pathetic this division is, I wouldn't count anyone out of winning it. Who takes it will be almost by default 

I think the FAlcons win more than 10 games this year. Potentially as many as 13 with how the schedule looks.

On 7/24/2024 at 10:26 AM, scar988 said:

I think the FAlcons win more than 10 games this year. Potentially as many as 13 with how the schedule looks.

I don't see how with how that defense looks on paper right now. Where's the pass rush coming from and who's starting opposite Bates and Terrell in the secondary?

On 7/23/2024 at 12:07 AM, Football_Bachelor08 said:

With how pathetic this division is, I wouldn't count anyone out of winning it. 

That technically makes it the most competitive then…

16 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

I don't see how with how that defense looks on paper right now. Where's the pass rush coming from and who's starting opposite Bates and Terrell in the secondary?

Pass rush probably coming from Ebiketie and Grady Jarrett primarily with a lot of 3-4 sack guys over the roster. Might only get 40 sacks, but it'll be multiple contributors from all angles. Zach Harrison could break out there too.

SS is probably DeMarcco Hellams who played really well last year.

CB2 is probably Clark Phillips who also was playing well last year.

Defense should be better than people expect. Will it be a world beating defense? No. Will it be average? Absolutely. And that's all it will need to be if Cousins pans out as good as we all think he will and the Falcons have a top 10 offense in scoring. If the defense can be average and allow 20-22 PPG, and the offense is scoring 26-27 PPG, then they'll easily win 10-11 games against what looks to be a super weak schedule.

40 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Pass rush probably coming from Ebiketie and Grady Jarrett primarily with a lot of 3-4 sack guys over the roster. Might only get 40 sacks, but it'll be multiple contributors from all angles. Zach Harrison could break out there too.

SS is probably DeMarcco Hellams who played really well last year.

CB2 is probably Clark Phillips who also was playing well last year.

Defense should be better than people expect. Will it be a world beating defense? No. Will it be average? Absolutely. And that's all it will need to be if Cousins pans out as good as we all think he will and the Falcons have a top 10 offense in scoring. If the defense can be average and allow 20-22 PPG, and the offense is scoring 26-27 PPG, then they'll easily win 10-11 games against what looks to be a super weak schedule.

I read that Mike Hughes was currently ahead of him in camp, and Mike is 💩.

On 6/19/2024 at 8:01 AM, candyman93 said:

Just throwing this out there-

They should trade for Brandon Aiyuk if he’s available.

I think Bryce will be fine once they get his weapons situation figured out.

I swear, if they give the number one pick to the Bears and 49ers in consecutive seasons...

237c296792117070a68d68191f09ccd9.gif

Edited by ThatJerkDave

On 7/26/2024 at 1:22 PM, BroncoSojia said:

I read that Mike Hughes was currently ahead of him in camp, and Mike is 💩.

There's a battle there. But I still think Phillips wins that battle.