Realistically, how much do the Panthers improve?

38 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Young holds the ball forever, leading to a ton of sacks

Canales is making a huge emphasis this OTA and minicamp about getting rid of the ball in less than 2.7 seconds with Young.

• Like 2

I think they'll be picking 1st overall again. To remedy their issues with WR separation, they drafted a WR who can't separate. To help their running game, they drafted an RB coming off of an ACL tear. I think Tepper fires Canales and Morgan by mid season and they finish with 1-2 wins, shipping Bryce Young off and drafting Carson Beck #1 overall.

56 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

I think they'll be picking 1st overall again. To remedy their issues with WR separation, they drafted a WR who can't separate. To help their running game, they drafted an RB coming off of an ACL tear. I think Tepper fires Canales and Morgan by mid season and they finish with 1-2 wins, shipping Bryce Young off and drafting Carson Beck #1 overall.

I know Tepper sucks, but I'd be shocked if he fires another head coach midseason.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I can 100% guarantee this won’t happen.

Fun fact the original name for the baltimore colts before they left baltimore the first time was the Seahawks. The Miami Seahawks.

21 hours ago, viking said:

Can you hook me up with some of whatever you're smoking?

Yeah check me out behind the Miami Seahawks merch store.

15 hours ago, scar988 said:

They don't play in the AFC South...

Neither do the Dallas Texans.

15 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Should have waited to see if they would figure it out.

You chose the no fun route.

**** it. I'm betting $5 the NFC south gets won by the panthers.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Still deep in a rebuild with several question marks. Would be shocked if they don't finish last in the NFC South again this year. 

AFC south*.

Just throwing this out there-

They should trade for Brandon Aiyuk if he’s available.

I think Bryce will be fine once they get his weapons situation figured out.

Edited by candyman93

I thought Young was a pretty good prospect so who knows maybe things start to click and he makes a big leap in year two. I think Legette has star potential too. I hate putting a win total on it but I think they look way better. I guess 6 wins.

I'm kinda shocked people are *this* down on Carolina. I guess I get it after last year, but this team is pretty significantly improved. I think 6-8 wins is entirely feasible. Reich was a dumpster fire and I think a lot of things went wrong because of that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cypher said:

I'm kinda shocked people are *this* down on Carolina. I guess I get it after last year, but this team is pretty significantly improved. I think 6-8 wins is entirely feasible. Reich was a dumpster fire and I think a lot of things went wrong because of that.

It’s because of their defense not looking even just below average on paper.

That offense could be fun to watch.

On 6/19/2024 at 6:58 PM, ninjapirate said:

after browsing their roster I mean at least they aren't the falcons about all they got going for them

Uhhh wut? The Falcons roster is 10x better. 

I am a Bryce Young supporter, but even if he’s gonna be the guy long-term, we won’t know it this year. They’re so bad. 

On 6/20/2024 at 2:14 AM, Cypher said:

It’s because a majority of their improvement is going to come off of A) sophomore year Bryce Young, and B) new HC Canales - two things are that are pretty unquantifiable overall. Given Bryce’s rookie season and Canales’ first tenure as a coach, they’re both question marks. The offense improved in other spots, but it’s going to ride on the QB and the coach more than anything else, IMO. The pieces certainly became more NFL caliber, but I don’t see the talent being so great that they’d carry a middling performance at quarterback.

That, and the defense definitely got worse. Having Horn back will be nice, but they lost the EDGE1, EDGE2, CB2, and LB1. And they were already pretty underwhelming, even with those guys. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soko said:

It’s because a majority of their improvement is going to come off of A) sophomore year Bryce Young, and B) new HC Canales - two things are that are pretty unquantifiable overall. Given Bryce’s rookie season and Canales’ first tenure as a coach, they’re both question marks. The offense improved in other spots, but it’s going to ride on the QB and the coach more than anything else, IMO. The pieces certainly became more NFL caliber, but I don’t see the talent being so great that they’d carry a middling performance at quarterback.

That, and the defense definitely got worse. Having Horn back will be nice, but they lost the EDGE1, EDGE2, CB2, and LB1. And they were already pretty underwhelming, even with those guys. 

D-Jax was fading hard. Burns was a solid player for sure, but the Giants way overpaid for him tbh. Losing Luvu stung like hell though, won't even deny that.