Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I dont like the fit with Klay in Dallas. Their defense is going to be atrocious with Klay, Kyrie and Luka out there. He should have taken less and filled the KCP role for the Nuggets. 

They lost the finals because they had zero shooters. Seems like a natural fit. Individual defensive ability is sneaky overrated in the NBA. Just need to buy into the scheme and make the correct rotations. Plenty of NBA teams field good team defenses without a bunch of good individual defenders.  

11 minutes ago, Kingram said:

They lost the finals because they had zero shooters. Seems like a natural fit. Individual defensive ability is sneaky overrated in the NBA. Just need to buy into the scheme and make the correct rotations. Plenty of NBA teams field good team defenses without a bunch of good individual defenders.  

They have plenty of shooting. They beat the Thunder and Timberwolves, two of the best defensive teams in the playoffs. Boston whooped them because they had no one to defend Tatum and Brown. 

43 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Warriors supposedly interested in Lauri Markkanen. Not holding my breath for this one 

they'd have to get rid of Kuminga, and I think Lacob is unwilling to move Kuminga.  Moving Kuminga would mean they've absolutely FAILED with their three lottery picks in two years...including two lottery picks in one of the most talented drafts in recent memory. 

Kuminga is the future there. 

Good deal for GS, better to get rid of him and net something in return than letting him come back. Wiggins needs to go next but they probably wouldn't be able to find a partner

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I dont like the fit with Klay in Dallas. Their defense is going to be atrocious with Klay, Kyrie and Luka out there. He should have taken less and filled the KCP role for the Nuggets. 

Defense is overrated in the modern NBA. I'm not a fan of it being a 3 year deal but he's exactly what they need offensively. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

They have plenty of shooting. They beat the Thunder and Timberwolves, two of the best defensive teams in the playoffs. Boston whooped them because they had no one to defend Tatum and Brown. 

They beat the Thunder because bad shooters had out of body experiences. They lost to Boston for a variety of reasons, one of which was AWFUL shooting.

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Kuminga is the future there. 

Good deal for GS, better to get rid of him and net something in return than letting him come back. Wiggins needs to go next but they probably wouldn't be able to find a partner

I’d love him in Milwaukee 

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!