Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

On 7/13/2024 at 11:54 AM, redsoxsuck05 said:

Not sure how the union feels about that, but NY fans and media absolutely despise players who make top dollar, so he'll be a folk hero.

Brunson should do what feels is best for him.  That would be factoring in personal contract value and what he feels is best for career success in deep playoffs runs/ titles.  If he wants to increase his chance to make an NBA finals / win a title, it should be his prerogative to take less regardless of how the union feels about that.

28 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Brunson should do what feels is best for him.  That would be factoring in personal contract value and what he feels is best for career success in deep playoffs runs/ titles.  If he wants to increase his chance to make an NBA finals / win a title, it should be his prerogative to take less regardless of how the union feels about that.

I'm not complaining! And you know what, as a little guard with meh athleticism, there's some risk aversion to take into account.

On 7/18/2024 at 2:16 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Westbrook to Denver

Considering our options, this is best case scenario. I think it has a pretty low floor. But if he is better than Reggie Jackson - it's a win. The team needs some juice and some of those intangibles ... I think it could be huge for them in the RS. Playoffs is a whole other story. Still think they are the west favorite (or at least right there) but they are so thin. Kinda need all 3 of Strawther, Watson, and Braun to play well. Holmes getting hurt is brutal, too. 

7 hours ago, adamq said:

hell yeah

The prince that was promised. Great security blanket for when Ty goes out for a period. 

ima sound like a hater, but I don’t think Brunson is that good. I feel like his ball hawk mode can kill your offense if he isn’t hitting. And he’ll keep shooting and not pass the ball. It can lead to some nasty droughts. Even

when doubled and won’t go for the easy pass/points/match up. 

A one legged and one eyed Embiid was destroying them. They’re also relying on one of the most injury prone players in history to be available and they paid him max money(OG). I don’t ever wanna hear the Randle excuse. Dude is absolute dog water in the playoffs with a huge sample size. 

15 games. 34% FG 28%3FG and 17.1 PPG. 
dudes a huge black hole. 

Im not buying knicks stock. I’m buying put options on that. 

Call me a hater all you want!!! I’m coming at you with 📠 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Suns sign Tyus Jones. Now they have two A:TO gods in Tyus and Monte Morris. 

An absolutely insanely great deal for Phoenix. Tyus is so solid.