Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

The OKC trade doesn’t make them any better or worse. Having Dort and Caruso start just makes you smaller than what you already were. Can’t have a small lineup and not have elite 3 point shooting. If this move leads to Dort getting moved and Jalen moving to SF then this could be a good trade but don’t see that happening 

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

The OKC trade doesn’t make them any better or worse. Having Dort and Caruso start just makes you smaller than what you already were. Can’t have a small lineup and not have elite 3 point shooting. If this move leads to Dort getting moved and Jalen moving to SF then this could be a good trade but don’t see that happening 

I disagree that it doesn’t make them better. Giddy had no place with them because he can’t play off ball. By removing him and adding someone that can play off ball, they’ve improved. Sure, it doesn’t solve their height problems, but it does solve their Giddy problem. Plus, I can’t imagine Presti is done. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Giving up Caruso for Giddy straight up is a big time L for the Bulls. 

Especially with it being reported during the trade deadline that they turned down a couple of 1st round draft picks. Bulls doing bulls things 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

It does however make them more versatile

I think Denver needs to seriously consider trading MPJ and getting his contract off the books so they can keep KCP and lower their spending. He's good, but he's expendable. Get a little cheaper and a little deeper.

Orlando and Sacramento would make sense as trade partners.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Especially with it being reported during the trade deadline that they turned down a couple of 1st round draft picks. Bulls doing bulls things 

Notice how there weren't any real specifics.  Odds are those picks weren't anything special.

• Like 1

someone explain why paul george would opt-in to his contract with the expectation being of facilitating a trade? an extension is going to be worked out anyway most likely as the trade happens, so just make the team have to give up assets? i don't get it, but there's 100% an obvious answer i just don't know 

23 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Seen a few PG to the Warriors chatter. Would be something and would basically give up on Kuminga cause he would have to be involved in the trade. 

My favorite theory was him going back to OKC

If I'm GS I would keep Kuminga instead, he could really be a player. Draymond and Klay should go somehow imo

Is there anyone for Miami to make a move for? Jimmy has got to go, but that roster is so meh

Edited by adamq

On 6/22/2024 at 8:34 AM, seminoles1 said:

I think Denver needs to seriously consider trading MPJ and getting his contract off the books so they can keep KCP and lower their spending. He's good, but he's expendable. Get a little cheaper and a little deeper.

Orlando and Sacramento would make sense as trade partners.

He really sucked in that last playoff series from what I saw 

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!