[UPDATE: OVERTURNED] --- NFL ordered to pay $4.7 billion+ in Sunday Ticket class action lawsuit

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Eh we are headed in that direction regardless.

chiefsaholic-e1709149584794.jpg?resize=1@RuskieTitan  I didn't think the previous  post would be that bad but since it might cross over into a political park, then lets just leave it over there I guess :ph34r:

Edited by 3rivers

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Are the mods going to stand by while this anti-billionaire propaganda gets posted in NFL News? I thought politics were off-topic?

Everything is political especially the NFL, that's like asking if a cat is an animal. The real answer is yes but we pretend it's not because going deep dive into the NFL is digging up the concrete and realizing they've enabled gambling habits on a mass scale for a slightly little bit more money per year when the main point of avoiding gambling was not tainting the product and not getting fans to hate your product. Gamblers who owe money are terrible repeat customers.  #LasVegasRaiders #PutItAllOnTheNFL

The Judge should respect the Jury's verdict and let it stand, god knows what happens in appeals court because the appeals courts and higher courts have gotten real ballsy lately.

At least we got the illusion of justice. Still wish the NFL went with ESPN's policy of the $70 per team for sunday ticket. Would've literally solved this issue and the NFL could've settled if it agreed to specifics terms.

On 6/29/2024 at 11:54 AM, RuskieTitan said:

Are the mods going to stand by while this anti-billionaire propaganda gets posted in NFL News? I thought politics were off-topic?

Anti-billionaire propaganda is good, actually. 

On 6/28/2024 at 2:14 PM, El Ramster said:

Can’t wait to get my 1.62 check in the mail. Light your black and milds up. 

Where do I submit for my $1.62?

Florio had a rant today to the effect that SCOTUS would overturn the verdict because it's in the pocket of business interests. Not so sure about that, a number of recent cases sided with little guys against government agencies. 

I hope it's not considered too political to point that out. Regardless, the NFL will certainly pursue every avenue to overturn the verdict and it will be at least several years before any former subscribers can collect money. That's if the verdict stands. With the tripling of damages under anti-trust rules, if the verdict does withstand challenges, the subscribers seem to be in line for a full refund of their annual subscriptions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Florio had a rant today to the effect that SCOTUS would overturn the verdict because it's in the pocket of business interests. Not so sure about that, a number of recent cases sided with little guys against government agencies. 

I hope it's not considered too political to point that out. Regardless, the NFL will certainly pursue every avenue to overturn the verdict and it will be at least several years before any former subscribers can collect money. That's if the verdict stands. With the tripling of damages under anti-trust rules, if the verdict does withstand challenges, the subscribers seem to be in line for a full refund of their annual subscriptions. 

All that said, does it really matter in any way? Taxpayers can pay the tab by funding stadiums 🤷. And even if they didn't, it's pennies to the NFL.

5 hours ago, Justwinning said:

So I take it that you view leather boots the same way you view ice cream on a cone?

As in, Tayne also likes to dip xer tootsies into leather boots? Then the answer is yes. 

TL;DR make it two laps

On 7/3/2024 at 4:59 PM, NudeTayne said:

All that said, does it really matter in any way? Taxpayers can pay the tab by funding stadiums 🤷. And even if they didn't, it's pennies to the NFL.

It's certainly not pennies to the NFL. The verdict works out to about 441 million per team. That's about the annual operating income of the Packers, who have to file public reports on their business results.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

It's certainly not pennies to the NFL. The verdict works out to about 441 million per team. That's about the annual operating income of the Packers, who have to file public reports on their business results.

Let's be honest here: you and Tayne both know they aren't gonna pay that. And yeah, in the long run it's gonna be pennies.