Hockenson- 14

Kelce- 16

Laporta- 18

McBride- 20

Njoku- 21

Kincaid- 34

Kmet- 35

Ferguson -38

That is 9 TE is the top 40.  So reaching for a #3 Wr type for flex versus a TE seems like bad strategy but we will see.

Thats what makes these interesting is different strategies.

Majority of those are projected top 40 in receptions for TE/WR again in 2024.

So I am happy to roll with McBride, Njoku and Ferguson weekly even if TEs. 

Receptions sure, but id be curious what it looks like on a ppg basis. 

So here's the plan:

@tyler735@sammymvpknight@Lionized@squire12@Bigbear72@Packerraymond@101Raider@detfan782004@beekay414@naptownskinsfan

Since the league was set up in a dynasty format and not with a set # of keepers, I think its best if we leave that as is and going forward so the 2025 draft and going forward will be a rookie/vet-only draft and then cuts will be made before the season starts

I do think its best if we lessen the draft to 5-6 rounds because of this since 8 would be crazy for rookie-only

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So here's the plan:

@tyler735@sammymvpknight@Lionized@squire12@Bigbear72@Packerraymond@101Raider@detfan782004@beekay414@naptownskinsfan

Since the league was set up in a dynasty format and not with a set # of keepers, I think its best if we leave that as is and going forward so the 2025 draft and going forward will be a rookie/vet-only draft and then cuts will be made before the season starts

I do think its best if we lessen the draft to 5-6 rounds because of this since 8 would be crazy for rookie-only

Sounds good to me!

Since you all crushed the draft with such speed I couldnt even fathom, I will do a team by team breakdown

@Packerraymond

Despite landing the highly prized #1 pick, PR decided to trade down and forgo drafting a QB longer than any other manager in the league. Taking the #1 overall rookie draft picks in Bijan and Harrison weren't bad starts at all and then following up with 1.2 from last year in Gibbs. Given his age, weapons and HC, Brock Purdy in R4 seems like a great value although there is definitely concerns with QB2 in Superflex long-term and possibly short term with Rodgers and Lance. There is so much youth on this team at the WR position, no one of note has more than 2 years experience(if anyone) I like the roll of the dice on guys getting drafted early last year in rookie-only that struggled like QJ & Mims. Flowers & Reed look to expand on already productive rookie season 

What pick(s) hurt the most: Keaton Mitchell getting picked there hurt alot. He will have all year to get healthy and maybe be the lead back in 2025 or 2026. A great value there 

Biggest surprise: Waiting on QB and TE was surprising for me, I feel like its usually 1 or the other but not both. 

Short-Term vs Long Term Rating: This team is interesting because it is lacking long-term at QB whereas the short term TE could be a problem. There is a lot of high-end RB talent but RBs tend to not age gracefully. I fully expect Rodgers to be himself in 2024 so this teams 2024 rating hinges on the youngsters.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So here's the plan:

Sounds like a plan to me

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Agree with keeping it dynasty…….for many it formulated their draft patterns.  

its my fault for being wishy-washy with the questions though.

Any changes will require a unanimous vote going forward

Yes, I realize INTs are just -1, that wasnt planned idk how it happened. 

39 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

its my fault for being wishy-washy with the questions though.

Any changes will require a unanimous vote going forward

Yes, I realize INTs are just -1, that wasnt planned idk how it happened. 

I’m fine with whatever. Love the recaps. Takes a lot of time to do that 

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Agree with keeping it dynasty…….for many it formulated their draft patterns.  

Yeah, I drafted with the intent of full dynasty. Thus the rookies and not guys that could've helped more in 2024, if we only had a limited number of keepers.

@Lionized

Quite possibly the easiest pick in the draft was 1.2 where Josh Allen is a consensus Top-2 pick in a SF league with the other being Mahomes. Things get interesting after that with CMC going R2 and immediately you think this team will go all-in but will they go hard enough all-in to capitalize? The answer is an emphatic, YES. Taking JT, while only 25, he is older than the average mid-20s in terms of usage with over 1800 carries between college & pros. Dak as QB2 is a fine pick but the bigger move was dealing a 5th & 6th round pick for AJ Brown to be his WR1. Brown is in the prime of his career and will be Hurts #1 option for a long time. Surely this super-team cant get any better? No, this team did the only thing it could do in a win-now mode, you dont half-arse it. Go big or go home. Travis Kelce, Mr Taylor Swift himself in R7 very well could be a 1 year rental but this team made the most of its win-now approach and even covered themselves with picking Hockensen in R8.. I'm not sure any teams have 2 Top-15 QBs, a Top-6 WR, 2 Top-5 RBs and a Top-2 TE in a re-draft format. Are Kupp and Monty on the decline? Maybe, but 2024 should still be productive if healthy and Lionized calendar doesnt know what 2025 is. There is some youth on this team sure but the excitement is with the old crusty guys. A wise philosophizer once said, "If you're not first, you're @JaguarCrazy2832"....or something like that. The projections even show this team as a 5 point edge in W1 projections compared to #2 and 7 points on #3 which is pretty large

What pick(s) hurt the most: After 7 rounds, the teams picking 2 thru 7 all had TEs which meant in my head only @Packerraymond could snake one from me, but this mother...Lionized snaked Hock a round after taking Kelce. I took JSN the pick right before thinking I might be able to get him in R9 if he got past PR. 

Biggest surprise: The win-now approach is one that is hard to properly do and therefore I find it surprising to see it properly executed. Lionized could've hedged some bets in the mid rounds by grabbing guys with a much longer runway while sacrificing floor for upside but he went all-in on a win-now approach. You cant half-arse a win-now team and they didnt

Short-Term vs Long Term Rating: Like I said this team is all gas, no brakes. Long-term be damned. This team should be a lock to make playoffs and is just 2 wins away from a title. Long term there are some upside plays of Worthy, Moss & Burton but given where they were drafted they are more dart-throws than expected to hit commodities. 

• Like 5

Pretty excited to get Jaylen Wright. Thought he was the best RB prospect in the rookie draft class. Going to Miami should allow him to maximize his elite explosive skillset. Also great insurance for Achane, but ultimately I think he takes over Mostert’s role either this season or next season. Last year Miami showed they could make 2 RB’s very viable fantasy plays.