Watching the other five 2024 1st round rookie QB's....

Bo Nix looks like the same QB he's been...probably for awhile now. 

Caleb Williams can't get away with just playing hero ball. He has to learn how to actually be a QB.

Jayden Daniels looks fine. Once the game slows down for him his stats will reflect it.

Hopefully Maye and Penix can sit most if not the entire season.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Unfortunately no. 

lol, ok - not sure why you were saying he was playing hero ball then? 

Caleb Williams is going to be good - I think he'll be fine. The game is very fast for him right now, but his IOL is horrid. The C and RG had multiple plays where they didn't even make contact with a defender. They just can't call the longer developing routes right now because the line stinks, so they have to throw laterally a lot to get the ball out fast.

When he did escape and try to make things happen, he got in trouble with a little bit of arm confidence but also trying to make something happen with the game in reach.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

lol, ok - not sure why you were saying he was playing hero ball then? 

Caleb Williams is going to be good - I think he'll be fine. The game is very fast for him right now, but his IOL is horrid. The C and RG had multiple plays where they didn't even make contact with a defender. They just can't call the longer developing routes right now because the line stinks, so they have to throw laterally a lot to get the ball out fast.

When he did escape and try to make things happen, he got in trouble with a little bit of arm confidence but also trying to make something happen with the game in reach.

I watched highlights. Him running around throwing off his back foot across the field is pretty much the definition of hero ball.

I don't think he's going to be good at all. At least not in Chicago.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

I watched highlights. Him running around throwing off his back foot across the field is pretty much the definition of hero ball.

I don't think he's going to be good at all. At least not in Chicago.

Not until they improve their OL...over the next few years, they're probably going to have to do like Spielman did and draft more OL higher.  They did draft Wright last year, but they need to do more. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Caleb isn't playing hero ball. He's playing "run for his life because his offensive line seems to have a personal vendeta against him and want him dead" ball. 

QBs that don't understand how to play in stucture & don't know where they're supposed to go with the ball make offensive lines look very bad

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, viking said:

QBs that don't understand how to play in stucture & don't know where they're supposed to go with the ball make offensive lines look very bad

That's not what happened though. He had someone in his lap at the top of most drops. Can't play in structure when the structure is blown up at the snap.

• Like 1