Brandon Aiyuk……do you want him?

I also want to add.

If by some chance we do trade for Brandon Aiyuk?

It's a very forward thinking move, imo.

He's young.

You're giving Jayden Daniels 2 explosive weapons in basically having 2 #1 WR weapons.

It will open up the Running game even more, with a stud like Robinson.

Those against it? Listen, Maybe you don't want to tie up 30M to a WR. I certainly understand that.

But the dude has experience playing with Jayden & of course their buddies.

I would rather get a known stud like Brandon Aiyuk across from Terry at 30M.

I would also give Scary Terry a contract extension. We would be set at WR for a few years.

We could then focus on O-line, or CB in next years draft. Just my take.

It doesn't have to be Brandon Aiyuk.

But we need another stud WR across from Terry.

If we want to see Jayden not just develop, but explode as a rookie.

6 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I still wouldn’t do it. He’s a good player but he’s going to command a massive contract and at least a 2nd and 3rd round pick plus probably a player. I just don’t personally view him as a game changer and wouldn’t pay him as such. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I still wouldn’t do it. He’s a good player but he’s going to command a massive contract and at least a 2nd and 3rd round pick plus probably a player. I just don’t personally view him as a game changer and wouldn’t pay him as such. 

Yea, it will cost. Specially, since we are an NFC team & it has to equal, or be better than Pittsburgh's offer.

Which I've read was a 2nd Rd pick & additional later picks. (Nothing specific on the later picks)

If I had to speculate & guess?

I think we'll keep our 1st.

But I'm betting it will be a 2nd in 25', one of the 3rds we have in 25'( either ours, or from the Dotson trade) & possibly a couple of days 3 picks either in 25' or 26'. (With zero players added to the trade)

Or...

Another player from the Rivera draft era like CB Forbes, RB Rodriguez, LBer/pass rusher J. Davis or DL Mathis.

And either our 2nd, or both our current 3rds type of deal.

Plus a 28-30M type of extension for BA.

It won't be cheap.

But we'll keep our 1st, I believe.

Edited by aceinthehouse

I’m still just not a fan of trading assets for someone and then assigning cap space to them as well.  Although if it’s a third, as well as the third that we acquired for Dotson, that makes it a little better.  

I’m also just not a fan of the circus he’s put on over the entire off-season too.  Granted, the 49ers share some ownership in that as well, because they have botched their dealings with him, but it’s been a wild ride that I think everyone on both sides will be happy to be at a conclusion. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yea, it will cost. Specially, since we are an NFC team & it has to equal, or be better than Pittsburgh's offer.

Which I've read was a 2nd Rd pick & additional later picks. (Nothing specific on the later picks)

If I had to speculate & guess?

I think we'll keep our 1st.

But I'm betting it will be a 2nd in 25', one of the 3rds we have in 25'( either ours, or from the Dotson trade) & possibly a couple of days 3 picks either in 25' or 26'. (With zero players added to the trade)

Or...

Another player from the Rivera draft era like CB Forbes, RB Rodriguez, LBer/pass rusher J. Davis or DL Mathis.

And either our 2nd, or both our current 3rds type of deal.

Plus a 28-30M type of extension for BA.

It won't be cheap.

But we'll keep our 1st, I believe.

We’re in a rebuild. Rather than trading away valuable picks for a veteran & paying them $30 million a year, we should just draft a WR in R2 or 3 next to develop and we should sign a veteran FA in March that will cost more like $15-20 million a year and not $30 million a year.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think the draft compensation you list is the minimum.  I could see them throwing a player in too.  Maybe Mathis.  Or another 3rd

I also really don't like the pandering to Daniels/Aiyuk.  If we are going to give Daniels an expensive toy, let's give him a Offensive Tackle.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I think the draft compensation you list is the minimum.  I could see them throwing a player in too.  Maybe Mathis.  Or another 3rd

I also really don't like the pandering to Daniels/Aiyuk.  If we are going to give Daniels an expensive toy, let's give him a Offensive Tackle.

Speaking of which, if Brandon Coleman isn't ready to go to start the season and Lucas doesn't look good enough vs the Bucs week 1, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign DJ Humphries after week 1 if he's close to being ready to play coming off his ACL tear last year.

Also, week 1 is an audition for Dyami. If Dyami doesn't impress week 1, don't he be surprised if we don't sign a vet WR like Michael Thomas or Juju Smith Schuster. 

Remember everyone that vets FAs they sign after week 1 contracts aren't guaranteed. So, if we're going to sign a vet CB, OT, or WR it probably won't be until week 2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'll continue to harp on it but wait for Tee Higgins. We will have the cap space and no picks will be involved. 

Probably the right call and maybe AP is building draft capital to get that T and CB next year. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'll continue to harp on it but wait for Tee Higgins. We will have the cap space and no picks will be involved. 

Need to hoard our assets such as draft picks, and use the cap space on FA’s like that.  We aren’t one player away to justify trading a 1st or 2nd for Aiyuk. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Probably the right call and maybe AP is building draft capital to get that T and CB next year. 

As he should. I’m okay with whatever they decide is best for the team. Especially if they feel like they can sign a Higgins or if Aiyuk doesn’t move maybe they feel they can do it then. They see the team they have a better feel. I’d trust them. I’m okay if they make a move or if they dont

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

we'd have a legit offense but yeah- Price is too high . seems something Howie would pull off though . 

Honestly, you still have a lot of work to do around the OL, especially if some players don’t pan out, and the depth chart around WR/TE needs work, again, especially if players don’t pan out.  Ekeler is also not a long-term RB timeshare option either.  

So, a lot of reasons to not make that trade/cap commitment yet until the time for competing is closer.  

Also, Howie did that trade, he moved a first rounder and another pick for AJ Brown.  But, that’s a move you make when you already have a QB, legit defense and need that last offensive piece to put the team over the top.  That’s when you make this move- when it’s your ‘last piece needed’

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Honestly, you still have a lot of work to do around the OL, especially if some players don’t pan out, and the depth chart around WR/TE needs work, again, especially if players don’t pan out.  Ekeler is also not a long-term RB timeshare option either.  

So, a lot of reasons to not make that trade/cap commitment yet until the time for competing is closer.  

Also, Howie did that trade, he moved a first rounder and another pick for AJ Brown.  But, that’s a move you make when you already have a QB, legit defense and need that last offensive piece to put the team over the top.  That’s when you make this move- when it’s your ‘last piece needed’

Yep, like when the Eagles traded for AJ Brown instead do drafting Treylon Burks.

• Like 1