49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

I guess they can say they let him test the market and he can say he won the negotiation but gets to stay where he always wanted to be. For the 9ers, they can have a young talented WR locked up and once the games begin to be played in anger this will fade but Lynch and Co. could have handled this much better. We’ll see if they get it done and at what terms. 

If they sign him, they'll now have to endure the 49ers player garbage contract year performance. It happens every time. Warner had the worst season of his career when he signed. Kittle worst season of his career. Deebo had a bad year. Bosa was largely fine, but his performance was way down last year and really only had about 8 sacks (2 sacks were unblocked missed assignments).

The 49ers really, really need to re-evaluate how they handle contracts. Its embarrassing. They should be going the other way on this stuff and taking chances to sign guys early, not grinding their elite players down for a year 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they sign him, they'll now have to endure the 49ers player garbage contract year performance. It happens every time. Warner had the worst season of his career when he signed. Kittle worst season of his career. Deebo had a bad year. Bosa was largely fine, but his performance was way down last year and really only had about 8 sacks (2 sacks were unblocked missed assignments).

The 49ers really, really need to re-evaluate how they handle contracts. Its embarrassing. They should be going the other way on this stuff and taking chances to sign guys early, not grinding their elite players down for a year 

Im not superstitious, but I might be just a little stitious. As a Packer fan of course I hope you would be right but I think the biggest concern for the 9ers is they are very talented but paying their old talented vets market rate. Obviously paying their QB in Rice a Roni allows for this but they need those older guys to stay healthy.  Aiyuk definitely needs to come in and show he’s that guy. I think he is a player and will show up. 

• Like 1

Not sure why everyone is so surprised? SF is waiting as long as possible "in case" a major WR camp injury occurs. In otherwords a Teddy Bridgewater/Sam Bradford type situation, team gets desperate. 

I'd be shocked if he is going to be traded if it doesn't occur after week 2 of the preseason. Either way.

Side note to this, but I really wish CeeDee had more Aiyuk in him and wanted to go nuclear with Jerry right now. It’d be entertaining as hell having two shakedowns going down at once.

• Like 2

According to maiocco, browns offer was cooper + second + fifth. 

Apparently the Steelers have not included a second or third in their proposals

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Cooper being offered still makes zero sense to me cap-wise.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

So second, no third, no Freiermuth, and no Pickens. 

Well that’s a tough one to turn down.

19 minutes ago, Soko said:

So second, no third, no Freiermuth, and no Pickens. 

Well that’s a tough one to turn down.

Assuming that's why they are going back to the table for an extension. They aren't going to move him for crumbs and Aiyuk dictating his location means crumbs are all that is out there. 

So now we have reached the point where the niners (I'd assume) aren't going to trade him and would in fact call his bluff on just holding out. So no reason just to try and resolve it and get the extension done

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Assuming that's why they are going back to the table for an extension. They aren't going to move him for crumbs and Aiyuk dictating his location means crumbs are all that is out there. 

So now we have reached the point where the niners (I'd assume) aren't going to trade him and would in fact call his bluff on just holding out. So no reason just to try and resolve it and get the extension done

Master class? Or luck on SF’s part?

3 minutes ago, Soko said:

Master class? Or luck on SF’s part?

Neither. If the 49ers extend him, they are just going to cave and give him what he's worth like they always do. 

The contract hasn't been done because of the 49ers, not Aiyuk. they haven't put a new contract in front of him since May and haven't talked to him about it. 

It's all just so stupid and unnecessary. 

I don't get why the 49ers wouldn't take that Browns deal. Cooper is older, but also adding a 2nd which has to be close to fair compensation and not have to commit another giant contract when you are trying to squeeze maybe Trent in and then extend a franchise QB.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I don't get why the 49ers wouldn't take that Browns deal. Cooper is older, but also adding a 2nd which has to be close to fair compensation and not have to commit another giant contract when you are trying to squeeze maybe Trent in and then extend a franchise QB.

The niners took the browns deal. 

Aiyuk wouldn't go there. 

• Like 1