49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I do love the repetitive critiques of 49ers players is that they are surrounded by all that talent but individually they all suck except cmc. If everyone is good, then nobody is good. 

I agree. I hear this all the time for my Eagles.

If it wasn't for the OL.....

If it wasn't for AJ Brown.....

If it wasn't for AJ / Smitty.....

If it wasn't for AJ / Smitty / Goedert.....

Now it will be

If it wasn't for AJ / Smitty / Goedert / Saquon.....

Nature of the beast my friend! Doesn't mean there isn't some truth to it. Overall talent or lack thereof on a team does actually matter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Disagree Forge. Age factor or not you do not trade away a voted Captain by his teammates, leader within that organization and frankly the heartbeat of your team for a disgruntled WR probably demanding $30+M in a "player swap".

Take that money, use it elsewhere (throw 1 yr $10M at Michael Thomas for a season 🙏) and then draft a young WR/two in 2025 as potential additions to Terry and hopefully his eventual replacement. Just because they missed on Dotson, doesn't mean you don't go back and try again. 

20' Reagor <-> 21' Smitty

Now if you are saying trade for Aiyuk to pair him with Scary Terry the next 2 years and let McLuarin potentially walk as a 31 year old while Brandon takes over, the reigns that I'm in agreement with. Especially having a Rookie QB contract on the books for the next 4-5+ seasons.

At no point should Terry McLuarin be on the table as collateral in a trade unless that players name is say Cee Dee Lamb or Ja'Marr Chase.

Yeah, that’s not a trade that Adam Peters is going to make, including McLaurin in that.  The idea behind a potential trade for Aiyuk, at least in my opinion, is to give him another weapon, not take one away at the same time.  

• Like 1

Here we go again, baby. 

No matter how Washington would make that move, whether it involved Terry or just picks (I'd assume just the picks, but I maintain trading terry for Aiyuk would be a good move for Washington too as you're restructuring your assets for a better long term situation, but I digress), I think either would be a good move for the franchise. So I think they should get in there. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Here we go again, baby. 

No matter how Washington would make that move, whether it involved Terry or just picks (I'd assume just the picks, but I maintain trading terry for Aiyuk would be a good move for Washington too as you're restructuring your assets for a better long term situation, but I digress), I think either would be a good move for the franchise. So I think they should get in there. 

A timeline where Rickey is wrong is not a timeline I want to live in.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Like Cee Dee, like Chase, maybe even Williams I'm curious if any soft tissue early season type setbacks occur with all of these "Hold in/Hold outs" from camp?

I'm always extremely nervous about them, tbh, but I don't know of any known study on them.

I do know that every niner who has "held in" over the last five years has subsequently had their worst season except for maybe Bosa (his year was much worse than the last two, but still probably better then his rookie year)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Here we go again, baby. 

They will never include Terry in a trade for Aiyuk. It's just not going to happen. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They will never include Terry in a trade for Aiyuk. It's just not going to happen. 

Totally agree.

I understand the Niners want adequate compensation for a guy like Aiyuk.

But it makes zero sense to trade your best offensive weapon in Terry McLaurin (who's under contract for a while) & basically the captain & most respected professional on the team.

Let me put it this way...

Niners have a better chance at getting DT Payne or DT Allen, before Terry.

And that's because we drafted rookie Johnny Newton in the 2nd Rd. 

And that probably isn't happening as well.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well, the good news is that they don't have to, I'm sure.  Though it would be very weird to trade for Aiyuk and immediately pay way him more than Terry. But that's a problem for Peters to figure out. Or maybe they think he just wouldn't care. Mclaurin hasn't openly been vocal about much in his career as far as I can remember. 

I don't think that Aiyuk gets moved, but Washingtons picks make that a draft pick trade far more appetizing for the niners than a Pitt trade would and we know that deal was always likely to be draft picks only. Washington is on my shortlist as team likely to have the #1 pick, so I have to imagine the niners would feel comfortable that second round pick is likely in the top 38? Pitt would worry me that it's going to end up 50+. A trade for picks with Washington still should have been a trade the niners were looking at during the draft  this year though. That's a massive fail on the 49er front office if that's what they do.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Here we go again, baby. 

No thanks

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, the good news is that they don't have to, I'm sure.  Though it would be very weird to trade for Aiyuk and immediately pay way him more than Terry. But that's a problem for Peters to figure out. Or maybe they think he just wouldn't care. Mclaurin hasn't openly been vocal about much in his career as far as I can remember. 

I don't think that Aiyuk gets moved, but Washingtons picks make that a draft pick trade far more appetizing for the niners than a Pitt trade would and we know that deal was always likely to be draft picks only. Washington is on my shortlist as team likely to have the #1 pick, so I have to imagine the niners would feel comfortable that second round pick is likely in the top 38? Pitt would worry me that it's going to end up 50+. A trade for picks with Washington still should have been a trade the niners were looking at during the draft  this year though. That's a massive fail on the 49er front office if that's what they do.

I think this is the year the Steelers fall apart id rather have their pick. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 12:27 PM, iknowcool said:

Not sure if I am overrating McClaurin or underrating Aiyuk, but I'm easily taking Scary Terry if having to choose between the two

Overrating McLaurin a bit. I like the guy, but he's about to be 29, is less explosive, and Aiyuk keeps getting better every year. I get the QB thing, but even still, the age gap matters if we're talking about who we're gonna take going forward.

• Like 1