49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I need to know. I need to know that Jordan Whittington is going to have 900 yards and 6 TDs. Can you confirm?

I really wouldn’t bet against it. There is nothing especial about Brandon’s game. He isn’t fast, strong  or explosive. He’s not gonna fight for yac. He has good hands and runs good routes. He’s not worth 30 million. He’s a number 2 WR at best. It’s the system.

Chase

Jefferson 

Adams 

Tyreek 

Waddle 

Amon 

Ceedee 

Kupp 

Cooper(browns) 

Evans 

Puka 

Aj Brown 

Dk Metcalf 

Devonta Smith 

Deebo

Keenan 

are all guys I’ll take over Brandon In a heart beat. 

Then you guys with higher ceilings. 

Nabers

Romeo 

Addison 

Rice 

London 

Now be rational. Why the hell would I pay a guy top 3 money when he’s not even top 10 at his position. You put all those guys in that system and they’ll produce equally if not better. there is nothing special about his game. That’s not be being a hater. Good luck producing without an offensive genios who can draw you open and playing next to pro bowl talent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Deebo

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

You put all those guys in that system and they’ll produce equally if not better. 

I got some news for you, bud 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I really wouldn’t bet against it. There is nothing especial about Brandon’s game. He isn’t fast, strong  or explosive. He’s not gonna fight for yac. He has good hands and runs good routes. He’s not worth 30 million. He’s a number 2 WR at best. It’s the system.

Chase

Jefferson 

Adams 

Tyreek 

Waddle 

Amon 

Ceedee 

Kupp 

Cooper(browns) 

Evans 

Puka 

Aj Brown 

Dk Metcalf 

Devonta Smith 

Deebo

Keenan 

are all guys I’ll take over Brandon In a heart beat. 

Then you guys with higher ceilings. 

Nabers

Romeo 

Addison 

Rice 

London 

Now be rational. Why the hell would I pay a guy top 3 money when he’s not even top 10 at his position. You put all those guys in that system and they’ll produce equally if not better. there is nothing special about his game. That’s not be being a hater. Good luck producing without an offensive genios who can draw you open and playing next to pro bowl talent. 

System WR

10 minutes ago, Soko said:

I got some news for you, bud 

At least Deebo is a tank and has Yac potential. Deebo carried them in 2021. Something Brandon has never ever done. Deebo played RB/WR and was crucial in game  defying plays. 

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

At least Deebo is a tank and has Yac potential. Deebo carried them in 2021. Something Brandon has never ever done. Deebo played RB/WR and was crucial in game  defying plays. 

Aiyuk was third in yac for receivers with an adot of 12. 

He was 15th in missed tackles forced for receivers with 90 targets

He forced the same amount of missed tackles as rashee rice who is generally considered quite good after the catch and he did it in 4 fewer catches

The year before he was third in the entire league in missed tackles forced

Not really sure where you're getting the "not good after the catch" stuff

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

They played in the same system last year.

If Deebo’s better, gets more manufactured touches, and is all the rest of the things you say, then why did Aiyuk see more targets, have more yards/reception, have waaaay more yards, have a lower drop%, and a higher passer rating when targeted?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Aiyuk was third in yac for receivers with an adot of 12. 

He was 15th in missed tackles forced for receivers with 90 targets

He forced the same amount of missed tackles as rashee rice who is generally considered quite good after the catch and he did it in 4 fewer catches

The year before he was third in the entire league in missed tackles forced

Not really sure where you're getting the "not good after the catch" stuff

That’s actually quite shocking. I’ve always seen him go down asap. Impressive, still not a 10 WR. Still not worth 30 mil. I hope the Niners pay him it’ll cripple that cap. Just stating he’s not that dog. 

9 playoff games. 
24 catches 393 yards and 1 Tuddy. 

His best run was last year and still didn’t reach 50 yards a game. You take that lucky catch away from the lions game and those numbers go down more. 

Are you in the camp that wants him back at that price tag? You post stats like if this was gorilla warfare. 

8 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Are you in the camp that wants him back at that price tag? You post stats like if this was gorilla warfare. 

100%. I'm far more adamant about re-signing him than I was deebo 2 years ago. 

I've been bullish on him for a while. You put him on another team where he's the focus, I think he's gonna have a stefon diggs glow up (another guy who's not fast or strong but just runs really good routes). I don't think he's as good as aj Brown, but similar concept as well

People are too lost in the 30 million figure. By percentage of the cap, he'd just be asking for the deebo deal. Deebos deal was like 11.45% of the cap 2 years ago, 30 million would be 11.74% of the cap now. 29 would be 11.35%. 

• Like 1

My biggest problem with aiyuk is shanahan lol

Though in fairness, I mean, the rest of the weapons are pretty good, so I get it

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

100%. I'm far more adamant about re-signing him than I was deebo 2 years ago. 

I've been bullish on him for a while. You put him on another team where he's the focus, I think he's gonna have a stefon diggs glow up (another guy who's not fast or strong but just runs really good routes). I don't think he's as good as aj Brown, but similar concept as well

People are too lost in the 30 million figure. By percentage of the cap, he'd just be asking for the deebo deal. Deebos deal was like 11.45% of the cap 2 years ago, 30 million would be 11.74% of the cap now. 29 would be 11.35%. 

What does he do better than any of those guys posted above? I doubt he glows up with less than stellar QB play and being the sole focus of the defense.. A lot of those guys produced despite bad qb play. I don’t see Brandon in the elite tier that makes your offense instantly better. I guess all the games we’ve played have been imbedded in my brain. I’ve seen Juwanna Man play harder and fight for yards vs us than Brandon. Maybe I’m crazy. I think I’ve brought logic. As I stated idc how good his advance metrics look. He’s definitely a product of that system. He was a first round pick and has barely started producing. Deebo did kill those early pay days though.. As a niner hater he gets paid I’m happy he gets traded I’m happy it’s a win win. Hell i even forgot to add Marvin Harrison Jr. Balllllaz. 

20 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

He’s definitely a product of that system

Then why can't anyone else replicate what he's done? There have been plenty of WRs cycled through this team, surely one of them would have been able to be a product of the system like BA

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

What does he do better than any of those guys posted above? I doubt he glows up with less than stellar QB play and being the sole focus of the defense.. A lot of those guys produced despite bad qb play. I don’t see Brandon in the elite tier that makes your offense instantly better. I guess all the games we’ve played have been imbedded in my brain. I’ve seen Juwanna Man play harder and fight for yards vs us than Brandon. Maybe I’m crazy. I think I’ve brought logic. As I stated idc how good his advance metrics look. He’s definitely a product of that system. He was a first round pick and has barely started producing. Deebo did kill those early pay days though.. As a niner hater he gets paid I’m happy he gets traded I’m happy it’s a win win. Hell i even forgot to add Marvin Harrison Jr. Balllllaz. 

The man knows how to win without the ball. Like diggs did. There's a reason that data nerds and film nerds love him. It's like watching Jack Hughes get punked for two years but still knowing he was going to get the last laugh. 

That Christmas tree tho

"Last season, Aiyuk was fifth among receivers in total EPA when facing zone coverage and was first in success rate. The few times defenses dared to play man coverage against San Francisco, Aiyuk’s EPA per target, yards per route run, and explosive reception rate each ranked in the top five.

Aiyuk’s ability to separate gives Brock Purdy a “Get Out of Jail Free” card when things break down and the quarterback is asked to improvise. On pass plays that took longer than three seconds, Aiyuk put up 571 yards on 26 receptions in 2023, second only to Cleveland’s Amari Cooper"

Now, it's important to note that his efficiency from last year won't carry over. It'll likely never be that good again. But give him the volume and I think he'll still be fantastic, if slightly less efficient. 

With kittle, deebo and CMC and their ages, this is a no brainer to for me 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, adamq said:

Then why can't anyone else replicate what he's done? There have been plenty of WRs cycled through this team, surely one of them would have been able to be a product of the system like BA

If he stays he certainly can and most likely will. Just stating if he goes to a new team he likely won’t replicate it.. He’s a great fit for the Niners 100%

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

That’s actually quite shocking

You, saying something that is factually incorrect according to stats?

No. Actually, that isn't shocking.

• Like 1