WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

Aiyuk has to play in 6 games/practice to get an accredited season. If Aiyuk plans on fakin the funk via an "injury" or just not giving it his all, Kyle along with his staff will know. His teammates will know too. As much as they respect him trying to get his bag, I doubt they'll respect him for purposely nuking the 49ers chances for success while being on the field.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I just think that Aiyuk really dislikes Kyle lol

So, Kyle actually wasn't the one who put aiyuk in the doghouse. It was wes welker. 

It was a big reason why Wes left. 

Who really knows though. 

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Take the L, as in trade him for pennies on the dollar? To wherever Aiyuk wants to play?

Maybe I'm just a stubborn SOB, but with the way Aiyuk has handled himself publicly I'd be prepared to let Aiyuk languish, and be a malcontent. If the 49ers win in his absence all the better.

I was with you... yesterday. 

Things have changed though. The season is here. Time to do something and move on. 

With one guy holding out, it's easy to have the locker room united. With two? Seems feasible that it can divide the locker room. Deebo hasn't posted anything in support of BA like this. Sh!t can get weird, real fast 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

I was with you... yesterday. 

Things have changed though. The season is here. Time to do something and move on. 

With one guy holding out, it's easy to have the locker room united. With two? Seems feasible that it can divide the locker room. Deebo hasn't posted anything in support of BA like this. Sh!t can get weird, real fast 

Trent is a different situation, and the 49ers will have to bow down. He's also a valuable leader in the locker room. Aiyuk I don't feel the same way about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What would your thoughts be on if Aiyuk was shipped to the Browns and Cooper was part of the return?

At this point if we got the offer that was reported from the Browns i would be ok with it.

• Like 2

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

What was the reported offer?

2nd, 5th and Cooper for Aiyuk.

And if we are to trade Aiyuk, that's going to be the best offer we will get that will allow us to still compete for a SB in 2024. Unless we are able to get picks to flip for another top level WR at the deadline. No guarantee that will happen. 

• Like 2

I would also be ok with that return. The problem is that Aiyuk said he didn't want to go there, and I'm fairly certain that proposal was contingent on being able to sign BA to an extension. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

2nd, 5th and Cooper for Aiyuk.

And if we are to trade Aiyuk, that's going to be the best offer we will get that will allow us to still compete for a SB in 2024. Unless we are able to get picks to flip for another top level WR at the deadline. No guarantee that will happen. 

Oh I actually really like that deal for you guys.

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Trent is a different situation, and the 49ers will have to bow down. He's also a valuable leader in the locker room. Aiyuk I don't feel the same way about.

At zero guaranteed dollars, I would hold out too.  Trent has been really consistent and this is his last contract.  I don't blame him one bit.  The team is dumb for trying to play hard ball here.

Trent is the best left tackle in the game, Aiyuk is not the best receiver.  He's probably around 6th --12th.  He was paid a first round contract, which isn't at value, but it's not terrible. This is his first pay day, and he is trying to cash in a year early.

I agree, they are two very different situations.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

Would have been nice if he wanted to go to the browns. That was a trade I could have accepted given the circumstances. 

Don't think the Steelers trade will be nearly as appealing 

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would have been nice if he wanted to go to the browns. That was a trade I could have accepted given the circumstances. 

Don't think the Steelers trade will be nearly as appealing 

I wouldn't be high on either washed Watson or the Pittsburgh leftover platter of QBs. At least with the Browns, you have Stefanski.

• Like 1