WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This will be my favorite thing. We'll trade Aiyuk for like a second + third or second + fourth and then we are going to end up using that second for a rental receiver like Diontae Johnson 

In before conditional 3rd in 2026. (this is a joke.... maybe...)

• Like 2

If it's for any pick other than a first, they totally ****ed this up.

They had all the leverage.

Instead of giving in to BA you make him sit and lose game checks. 

I'd bet long money BA is/was not prepared to sit out any regular season games.

Disgruntled or not, he would have played.

And you still had the trade deadline if you were ready to move on from the sideshow.

I'm more pissed about the potential compensation rather than losing the player, if I'm being honest. 

I'd much rather keep BA than lose him. 

But this has to make sense for the organization, not the player. 

At the end of the day, BA wins in this scenario if the draft picks coming back is what's being reported.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

If it's for any pick other than a first, they totally ****ed this up.

They had all the leverage.

Instead of giving in to BA you make him sit and lose game checks. 

I'd bet long money BA is/was not prepared to sit out any regular season games.

Disgruntled or not, he would have played.

And you still had the trade deadline if you were ready to move on from the sideshow.

I'm more pissed about the potential compensation rather than losing the player, if I'm being honest. 

I'd much rather keep BA than lose him. 

But this has to make sense for the organization, not the player. 

At the end of the day, BA wins in this scenario if the draft picks coming back is what's being reported.

The 49ers never had all the leverage in this negotiation. Aiyuk was never going to extend on the 49ers lowball offer. No sane team is going to trade for a player that both wants a new contract but also doesn't want to play for them. The Jets-Reddick situation just reinforces why. Even though the Jets were lied to, they knew going into the trade that Reddick wasn't happy with his contract. That should have been addressed.

The 49ers options were always (1) pay Aiyuk his ask, (2) trade Aiyuk to a team he'd be willing to extend with, or (3) play out the fifth year option, then let him walk in Free Agency. Every party involved, the 49ers, the Steelers, Aiyuk, have some leverage.

Besides the fifth-year option being fully guaranteed salary, the CBA doesn't allow teams to deactivate players to avoid paying them salary. What kind of vindictive bs is this? Oh, and if you were willing to go down the "let him walk into Free Agency" path, you need him to play a high number of snaps this season because percentage of snaps is part of the compensatory pick ranking formula.

BA was not going to sit voluntarily. He had already reported to training camp. He's not incurring any fines like Trent (or Lamb in Dallas).

At the end of the day, BA wins. Good for BA. The team and owners will survive.

Edited by typecast
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Will this end all already! This team gives me so much stress lol. Forget the playoffs, offseason is where I’m starting to lose my ish 

This is probably the most promising report we've had, I feel like

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Will this end all already! This team gives me so much stress lol. Forget the playoffs, offseason is where I’m starting to lose my ish 

I’m so stressed i’m never watching football again…………….. i said this same thing after the superbowl and my wife was so excited lol.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I’m so stressed i’m never watching football again…………….. i said this same thing after the superbowl and my wife was so excited lol.

Right! Sorry honey, they need me, I have to continue to get my feelings hurt lol 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is probably the most promising report we've had, I feel like

Feels like one last ditch effort to try and secure Aiyuk to a long-term deal before they pull the trigger on the Pittsburgh deal.  Have to figure there's going to be a resolution by the end of the week.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Feels like one last ditch effort to try and secure Aiyuk to a long-term deal before they pull the trigger on the Pittsburgh deal.  Have to figure there's going to be a resolution by the end of the week.

I need it to go 6 more days

I said we were two weeks away on August 5th. Resolution coming on Monday

• Like 1