Raider Training Camp 2024

16 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Love how he’s gonna play the guys in training camp. Always blew my mind how a team who’s not a title contender could just sit guys during preseason. Those snaps are a chance to get better. Very valuable. Very much needed for this team. Don’t expect to see Crosby and Adam’s to be out there for much but everyone else on the team should. 

Crosby will traumatize an OT for one series and then sit on the bench for the remainder.  I expect Adams to sit after he breaks a couple ankles on a quick out route.  

I completely expect them to play, but only for as long as it takes for them to get into the rhythm of dominating the opposing player in front of them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Like Tre Tucker but in no world should we see Bowers on the sideline and Tucker on the field. Raiders should live in 2TE sets and then get creative with that and start to flex Bowers around. 

Completely this to its very core.  Bowers has the potential to become our second-best weapon on offense within his first three years in the NFL.  I wasn't buying the hype leading up into the draft, but I was schooled by some more knowledgeable posters on this forum and I'm buying in.  Tre Tucker is the deep threat to strike fear into the defense and keep defenses from stacking the box, but at the same time, we don't really have a RB with the reputation to warrant a stacked box.  Both players provide multiplicity to our offense, so losing Gallup isn't as big as some may think.

20 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Is the first practice today?

I believe so, yes. I am not sure how much media availability there is this year though. I'll try and embed tweets as best I can but work is busy these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

so losing Gallup isn't as big as some may think.

Gallup probably wasn't going to be higher than 4th in the rotation anyway (Adams, Meyers, Tucker) and 5th in targets (including Mayer and Bowers). 

Would've been neat for depth, but we're not going to miss him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Is the first practice today?

Yes. Only Vegas based reporters allowed to report.

Q Meyers, Hondo, Vic Tafur and Tashan Reed

First padded practice next Tuesday. Good weather out here. I work about 5-6 miles from the practices 

• Like 2

Live about 45 minutes from camp. Going to try to check out the facility sometime later this week.

On a side note, really glad AP is going to play everyone healthy. It clearly did not work doing the inverse the past two seasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Completely this to its very core.  Bowers has the potential to become our second-best weapon on offense within his first three years in the NFL.  I wasn't buying the hype leading up into the draft, but I was schooled by some more knowledgeable posters on this forum and I'm buying in.  Tre Tucker is the deep threat to strike fear into the defense and keep defenses from stacking the box, but at the same time, we don't really have a RB with the reputation to warrant a stacked box.  Both players provide multiplicity to our offense, so losing Gallup isn't as big as some may think.

We don’t have a full back on the roster. Bowers and Tucker will be on the field together a lot 

• Like 1