Raider Training Camp 2024

On 8/23/2024 at 4:03 AM, big_palooka said:

Who would you have taken over Bowers while on the clock at 13? 

He won't answer this until mid season, when he sees who is playing well that got picked after 13 at one of our positions of need then claim he liked so and so. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I personally was banging the Fuaga drum HARD but am ecstatic we have Bowers now.

Should be interesting if Glaze becomes Better value in 3rd round than Fuaga at #13

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Should be interesting if Glaze becomes Better value in 3rd round that Fuaga at #13

In an ideal world you find your RT in the 2/3rd round, rather than need to spend a very high 1st round pick on one. I would have been v. happy with Fuaga as we have struggled to have a competent long term option at the position - but it’s better to spend 13 on a real difference maker if possible.

Would be a real positive for both the future if Glaze takes that spot and a good sign that Telesco can spot something in players who were not high on most pundits and draftniks boards…

• Like 3

On 8/23/2024 at 8:57 AM, Geezy said:

What difference do stats make? Is he contributing to a winning team? All I care about. You can impact a game by simply drawing coverage. I think he gets somewhere around 55 catches 750 yards and 7TDs this year, to answer you little question. 

Be a difference maker on 3rd down and Red Zone, turn small gains into big plays. High completion percentage on his targets. That’s what I’m looking at for him, year 1. 

Honestly that’s what I tell my kids “everyone wants to be great but I want great difference makers” does it make a difference if you’re out there or not? Sure you can play great cause of talent or size or attributes a lot of players have that but are you a difference maker can you inspire your teammates. I’ll take difference makers over great players all the time 

13 minutes ago, reddevil said:

In an ideal world you find your RT in the 2/3rd round, rather than need to spend a very high 1st round pick on one. I would have been v. happy with Fuaga as we have struggled to have a competent long term option at the position - but it’s better to spend 13 on a real difference maker if possible.

Would be a real positive for both the future if Glaze takes that spot and a good sign that Telesco can spot something in players who were not high on most pundits and draftniks boards…

Agreed. Glaze has looked like a future long term starter and should be RT1 heading into the season. That’s exactly how the draft is supposed to work

Instead of over spending for RT at #13 , we potentially picked up a stud Playmaker.

Odds are slim to none we wouldn’t find a player of Bowers Caliber in the 3rd round. 

Edited by bucksavage1

On 8/25/2024 at 9:14 AM, raidr4life said:

He won't answer this until mid season, when he sees who is playing well that got picked after 13 at one of our positions of need then claim he liked so and so. 

Page 32 of this thread is hilarious. @Frankie2Gunz showed his true colors, then tucked his tail and ran. He's probably just making a ton of cash in the stock market with the extra time on his hands. I will meme those exchanges for life on this forum. 

Of course he will be back after the first bad performance using his valuable time to tell us what a dumpster fire organization this is. Can't wait. 

• Like 4

On 8/23/2024 at 7:03 AM, big_palooka said:

Who would you have taken over Bowers while on the clock at 13? 

I wanna play. 

Assuming the parameters are that we can only pick guys who are available and that our other picks change:

On the spot, I would have gotten the OL secured with Fuaga. In that case, Glaze wouldn't be the choice. I would have replaced him with Christian Haynes (OG from UConn who went at 81 to the Seahawks). 

I don't hate Bowers or the pick, but an offensive weapon just isn't where I would've gone. I'm willing to gladly admit his individual impact potential is higher than both Fuaga and Haynes combined. But I, personally, would've likely taken a route more along building the OL in preparation for the QB next year, once the QBs were off the board. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Page 32 of this thread is hilarious. @Frankie2Gunz showed his true colors, then tucked his tail and ran. He's probably just making a ton of cash in the stock market with the extra time on his hands. I will meme those exchanges for life on this forum. 

Of course he will be back after the first bad performance using his valuable time to tell us what a dumpster fire organization this is. Can't wait. 

Frankie reminds me of the “where am I and where are you dude” on IG lol 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

of course will he have found the time to evaluate the draft class by midseason. and if he had the time to scout the guys that panned out by midseason, he would've "pounded the table" to draft them.

Edited by Styrian Raider
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I wanna play. 

Assuming the parameters are that we can only pick guys who are available and that our other picks change:

On the spot, I would have gotten the OL secured with Fuaga. In that case, Glaze wouldn't be the choice. I would have replaced him with Christian Haynes (OG from UConn who went at 81 to the Seahawks). 

I don't hate Bowers or the pick, but an offensive weapon just isn't where I would've gone. I'm willing to gladly admit his individual impact potential is higher than both Fuaga and Haynes combined. But I, personally, would've likely taken a route more along building the OL in preparation for the QB next year, once the QBs were off the board. 

We have a real time Nation vs The GM draft every year, you should join. Your picks will be immortalized...

...Never mind I see you joined before.

Edited by raidr4life

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

We have a real time Nation vs The GM draft every year, you should join. Your picks will be immortalized...

...Never mind I see you joined before.

Yeah I tend to forget about it on draft day. Usually keep the draft thread open.

16 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Damnit I just drafted him…. I didn’t want him, I wanted Njoku. 

Who gaf about fantasy, I just want to see him healthy and helping us win games 

• Like 2