How Are Those Rookies Doing?

Chiefer

3 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Let me nitpick Theo Johnson. He's been fine insofar as he starts over the disappointing Bellinger, but he has not done anything.

This is by no means a scientific standard, but Theo Johnson had to be the most boring film I watched all draft season last spring. 

He put up those crazy combine numbers, and I was super excited to watch him…and I always ended up turning it off. Penn State was boring, Allar sucked, the other TE’s number looked just like Theo’s, and he just never really did anything.

I still think it was a fine pick just because of the athleticism at a position where athleticism tends to emerge. But I’ll be a little surprised if he’s ever more than one of those dozen guys that are like totally interchangeable contenders for TEs 20-30 in the league. 

9 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Is there no Titans rookies this year?

Just a vetted Dline huh 

T'Vondre Sweat.  Second rounder.  I don't know if he's showing up on the stat sheet, but boy is he eating up double teams and pushing pockets.

Glad to be flat out wrong about him.

On 7/29/2024 at 3:59 PM, Chiefer said:

With Training Camp underway is there anybody pulling ahead on the depth chart? How is the future of football looking?

1) Xavier Worthy WR - Had a Hammy in OTAs, and some strep throat to start camp, but he’s been as advertised. Fast, tough, smart, good route runner, gets after it. 3rd on the depth chart, will likely see steady use all season

2) Kingsley SuaMataia LT - Starting at LT, seemingly by default. Good run blocker so-so pass blocker with similar issues he had in college

4a) Jared Wiley TE - Reports are he’s the best looking rookie so far. Massive dude, potential steal?

4b) Jaden Hicks S - Spagz seems to really like him, with Reid out he’s been getting some first team snaps and rotating at 3rd safety

5) Scott Nourzad IOL - Seems to be doing a solid job at backup, heard positive things 

6) Kamal Hadden CB - Seems to have the tools but still gotta put it all together.

7) Cj Hanson IOL - Have heard nothing of note

1. Worthy is still protected from extensive contact. Great potential but the injury risk is high. 
  2. Suamataia was exposed in the Bengals game. Great run blocker but the pass blocking needs work. 
  3. None
  4. Wiley is the TE3. he sees snaps but more on ST. Hicks is looking fantastic. So long as the play is in front of him he's fantastic. Hits like a truck.
  5. Norzad is on the roster. Enough said.
  6. Hadden is on PS.
  7. Hanson is on the roster. More than enough said.