Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

23 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And Wexell now saying the Niners asked for two 1’s.

holy moly, that's a bit over the top, IMO...a 2025 1st, and a 2026 3rd...maybe, but I don't even like that.  This isn't a QB we are talkin' about here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine a scenario where Omar trade's 2 x 1st Rd picks for a WR, even one as good as Aiyuk.

I’m just pretty out in this by this point and if anything happens it happens. It’s clear people are throwing stuff against the wall and hoping for engagement. 

It’s just getting silly. No one knows. 

• Like 3

I still stand by my position this isnt happening.    Obviously I could be wrong, but as @Dcash4 stated, its just silly at this point.   There is a reason they haven't dealt him yet and wont be shocked if he stays with the 9ers this year....and if he is traded, I dont expect it to be us.

I think many Steelers fans just WANT to believe we will get him.    I wouldnt be opposed, but Lynch is trying to create a bidding war, and I see us pulling out before we offer more.

• Like 1

Id give up Daniels, Austin and would be shrewd with giving up any picks. Definitely not a 1st at any point. 

If it doesn't work there are gonna be options available near the end of training camp. Houston's wr group has a lot of talent, both developed guys and unfulfilled guys.

We have all the way up to the week 9 trade deadline to make a move. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 2

I wouldn’t give up more than Daniels and a second…even then I am not so sure. We are going to end up with 3 rookies and 1 second year guy as our starting OL? Too bad they don’t run a 3-4 defense.

5 hours ago, 43M said:

I still stand by my position this isnt happening.    Obviously I could be wrong, but as @Dcash4 stated, its just silly at this point.   There is a reason they haven't dealt him yet and wont be shocked if he stays with the 9ers this year....and if he is traded, I dont expect it to be us.

I think many Steelers fans just WANT to believe we will get him.    I wouldnt be opposed, but Lynch is trying to create a bidding war, and I see us pulling out before we offer more.

I think you are saying what is in the back of everyone’s mind…

Has anyone looked at the Browns’ 2025 cap situation? How can they really be in the running when they have that QB contract and an already overpaid WR on their roster? Not to mention Conklin and Ward. The Steelers need to take a hard line in negotiations…the Browns create no leverage for San Fran IMO. In the end and if this deal happens it’s because another veteran player insisted on playing for Tomlin. Not the best on field or schematic coach, but invaluable as a ‘recruiter’ at this juncture of his career. And the Steelers have cap space galore in 2025…the next two years should be very interesting to say the least. It  will be quite a change in the experience of being a Steeler fan.

Edited by rlon

7 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I confident a deal gets done. In a few days (if not sooner), we'll be discussing if we paid too much, gave up too much or fleeced them. 

Me too. We haven’t seen a negotiation play out this publicly in a while. Lynch is using his end to try to get the Steelers to give up more, the Steelers are trying to use their end to make it sound like SF is asking for too much. IMO this is what happens when it’s a fair deal but one side knows it’s not the same as the deal they had at some point. 

7 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I confident a deal gets done. In a few days (if not sooner), we'll be discussing if we paid too much, gave up too much or fleeced them. 

I definitely don’t disagree that it can happen anytime now, but the longer it goes the more variables that can be added. 

maybe the 49ers just up their offer like Alex mentions. Maybe the Chargers, whose top receiver is Josh Palmer, jump in. Maybe the Patriots go fully guaranteed and Aiyuk changes his mind. 

I think the Steelers are smart to have a cap on negotiations because of the QB situation in 2025…but other teams don’t have that limitation.