Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

20 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That doesn’t mean I didn’t understand your standpoint though, so you made the assumption that I didn’t understand because my takeaway was different?

I read it the same as you.

I took it as they COULD pay both, but in the end, Pickens is ultimately going to determine his own fate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 43M said:

I took it as they COULD pay both, but in the end, Pickens is ultimately going to determine his own fate.

I just read it that way because a majority of the talk has been that acquiring Aiyuk means for sure losing Pickens. So when you see that line, my mind reads it of "just because you pay Aiyuk, doesn't mean you won't pay Pickens." Which, if Pickens determines his own fate in a good way, I think you would be happy to be paying both Aiyuk and Pickens because (IMO) it would be a Philly like 1A and 1B situation.

5 minutes ago, 43M said:

I read it the other way, but I see what you's guys are saying too. I also agree with you about Pickens coming back is up to him. 

33 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That doesn’t mean I didn’t understand your standpoint though, so you made the assumption that I didn’t understand because my takeaway was different?

I wasn't assuming you didn't understand, but I also couldn't assume you did. That is why I asked. Regardless, this isn't worth arguing over.

Latest Rumor is this:
There's a contract Aiyuk would take.

Our offer is 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd.

SF wants either a 1st or 2025 2nd, 2026 3rd.

They would look to flip our picks for a replacement WR.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Got to be honest. Read that really differently from you guys. I took it as Khan is willing to pay 2 WRs at the same time. 

if you believe dulac. What gives here, dulac, spending on offence , GP behaving and getting targets ?

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Latest Rumor is this:

at least they are trying.  

as it is  Khan doesn't want to give up RD1 , good for him. Or should he? I like the idea of  RD2 one year then RD3 the next more

5 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lynch - "We'll trade Aiyuk for a 2025 2nd and 3rd"

Omar - "A 2025 2nd, and a 2026 3rd is our final offer"

Lynch - "Then there will be no trade!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Latest Rumor is this:

I was just completely guessing when I used this as an example earlier today, lol...I would go buy lottery tickets if it's actually reportedly turning out as such, lol!!

I’m not sure what to make of this one. Like did Lynch finally realize the market is over even what Aiyuk wanted? Shouldn’t a good GM know that? Or did he finally realize teams don’t give high picks and pay at the same time?

I think we are trying to make things far more complicated than they might be.

Maybe it is all crazy -- or maybe the 49ers have genuinely wanted the player, abide by his wishes to seek a trade partner, and ultimately would rather go out of their comfort zone for a guy they want instead of compromising for a bad deal?

The good news is that this should bring closure either way: The 49ers either get their guy on extension or it's officially over in San Fran and they take the best offer available.