Preseason: wk 1 @ Ravens

I’m not one to bail on a guy after 1 preseason game. But if there’s one guy that straight up doesn’t look like an NFL player it’s Ainias smith

Mitchell, hunt, Shipley, trotter even Wilson have all shown something lol

but smith straight up looks slow, small, and doesn’t even come close to making people miss

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I’m not one to bail on a guy after 1 preseason game. But if there’s one guy that straight up doesn’t look like an NFL player it’s Ainias smith

I mean he’s been dropping at least one pass every practice and muffing punts too. Beat reporters are really down on him.

Just now, Last Stand said:

Does Ainias smith even make the practice squad?

this is some pumphrey level stuff

Just fumbled the punt return for anyone not watching….

But, yeah they’ll probably try putting him on the practice squad cause they spent a 5th rounder on him.

30 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The Ravens team and their fans are so onesessed with winning or not losing preseason games lol.

It’s all they have the last bunch of years

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So did Nick ask Kellen to consider changing the play/formation on Shipley's  recieving TD? He called TO when it was 2nd and Goal, then Ross/Calcaterra switched sides the very next play? Grant motioning/blocking for Shipley to the right side?

So "IF" by some chance Sirianni did have a conversation is that still viewed as him overstepping, interfering or considered OK this time because it actually worked?

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So did Nick ask Kellen to consider changing the play/formation on Shipley's  recieving TD? He called TO when it was 2nd and Goal, then Ross/Calcaterra switched sides the very next play? Grant motioning/blocking for Shipley to the right side?

So "IF" by some chance Sirianni did have a conversation is that still viewed as him overstepping, interfering or considered OK this time because it actually worked?

It's a preseason game they and backups they were probably just lined up wrong hence the time out 

Quinyon and Nate Wiggins both looked good.
Wiggins is skinny, but he played bigger than his size against J Wilson.
Will be interesting to see how Emmanuel Forbes does in year 2 against guys like J Wilson, or just in general since he was so bad last year, but had really sweet feet headed into the draft.

Edited by Jeezla

16 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean he’s been dropping at least one pass every practice and muffing punts too. Beat reporters are really down on him.

I think he's our draft pick most likely to not make the team, I knew a lot of you were high on him but I never was.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think he's our draft pick most likely to not make the team, I knew a lot of you were high on him but I never was.

You definitely made how you felt known in the first post on the Smith draft thread, but a lot being high on him is a stretch I think. I know for myself I was just looking up tweets on him to find people saying good stuff, but I didn’t watch him a bunch at A&M even though I knew of him and his game somewhat. I wanted Malik Washington at that pick back when the draft was happening… not sure how he’s doing with Miami, but yeah.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

He's not making the team.  Maybe he's still hurt and ends up being a phantom IR stash?  But yeah no justifying keeping him on the roster.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You definitely made how you felt known in the first post on the Smith draft thread, but a lot being high on him is a stretch I think. I know for myself I was just looking up tweets on him to find people saying good stuff, but I didn’t watch him a bunch at A&M even though I knew of him and his game somewhat. I wanted Malik Washington at that pick back when the draft was happening… not sure how he’s doing with Miami, but yeah.

I was about to say a lot of what you posted. I wasn't particularly high on him but I thought the Eagles had a good chance of drafting him. They met with him several times. I also liked Malik Washington for a player in that sort of mold. I'm not sure if he's doing anything with Miami either but he looked way quicker and explosive than Ainias did on tape. I don't have much faith in Smith at least this season but we will see. I'll say he doesn't look like he should be on a 53 man roster right now. They will probably try to find a way to IR stash him.