2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

Just found out I got the 9th pick in my Guillotine league draft tonight (18-teams). I really want St. Brown to fall to me but if he doesn’t, I think my targets are…

AJ Brown 
Jonathan Taylor
Saquan Barkley 
Jahmyr Gibbs

If Gibbs was 100% healthy I think he’d be a smash pick. That Rams game week 1 is going to be a shootout. 

Thoughts on trying to swing a deal for Garret Wilson?

I am in a ten team ppr league. 

Thinking something like zay flowers or Rashee rice and Travis Etienne for Garret Wilson and Brian robinson jr. The guy has garbo rbs( Jacobs,Stevenson,b-rob, benson,charbonnet, ford, lloyd). I guess he is hoping for a spark/lotto ticket?

My team is 

QB: Mahomes 

RB Breece hall

RB Travis Etienne

WR Devante Adams

WR Drake London

Te trey McBride

Flex zay flowers

Bn

QB A.Rodgers

WR R.Rice

Wr L.McConkey

WR M.Williams

WR C.Samuel

RB N.Harris

RB J.Mclaughlin

IR N.Chubb

I don't feel like I need to make a deal, but I do think Wilson is pissed for a monster year.

Edited by drew39k

How big is the drop off from say St Brown/Jefferson to AJ Brown/Wilson?

Is it worth moving down 2-4 spots in a snake draft and landing one of the latter, or would you stay put take one of the original two? Keeping in mind the talent that may be available higher in the 2nd of course.

38 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is it worth moving down 2-4 spots in a snake draft and landing one of the latter, or would you stay put take one of the original two? Keeping in mind the talent that may be available higher in the 2nd of course.

I think it's minimal. Sun God to me is the safest pick in fantasy. I'd take AJB next for those games he goes nuclear but Wilson should have a larger target share. JJ, love him but I can't show up every Sunday hoping Sam Darnold gets him the ball

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Just found out I got the 9th pick in my Guillotine league draft tonight (18-teams). I really want St. Brown to fall to me but if he doesn’t, I think my targets are…

AJ Brown 
Jonathan Taylor
Saquan Barkley 
Jahmyr Gibbs

If Gibbs was 100% healthy I think he’d be a smash pick. That Rams game week 1 is going to be a shootout. 

Those guillotine leagues are a strange beast man. And 18 teams feels like it's going to be very luck based early on. 

As for the question I like Gibbs or Barkley, leaning Barkley. I just feel like he is hungry too make the giants look dumb and is in a very good spot to succeed.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I can't be unbiased on this one. I think Garrett Wilson has a chance to be atop three wr this season. With Jefferson dealing with Darnold, I like the upside of brown Wilson more. But I've got home shades on 

Just now, drew39k said:

I can't be unbiased on this one. I think Garrett Wilson has a chance to be atop three wr this season. With Jefferson dealing with Darnold, I like the upside of brown Wilson more. But I've got home shades on 

No I totally get that. Talking with the guys in front of me, I will either have my pick of Chase/Jefferson or St. Brown/Jefferson at #6. In both situations I am leaning the opposite of Jefferson tbh.

I asked this question because I find myself being even higher on Wilson and Brown than JJ almost, which is why I think trading back a few slots and taking one of them might be wiser.

I think Garrrett Wilson can finish as WR1 or WR2. Literally. I’m not saying he will, but that is in his range of outcomes. He could also finish as WR13 or 14…

Amon Ra offers a safer floor but a lower ceiling. Amon-Ra is not finishing less than WR7. But WR5 is likely his ceiling. I’d take Wilson straight up. 

My board this year is

1. Breece Hall

2. Tyreek Hill

3. JaMarr Chase

4. Justin Jefferson

5. Garrett Wilson

That’s how high I am on Wilson. 

I really think CMC gets injured this year. 28 years old coming off 400+ touches. There has not been one single positive outcome with that combination in NFL History. Although CMC is an outlier and can prove me wrong. 

Bijan is a very good RB but I don’t think he’s as good as people think he is. 

Jefferson without a QB doesn’t scare me at all. If Jefferson did have a QB this season, he’s my 1.02 behind Breece Hall. 

Doing my big money league draft tonight. I've run some sims and man, this may be a year where I do a RB / WR split in the first two rounds or possibly even go RB / RB. Unless I CMC, Bijan, Hall at the top of the first, I'm very, very lukewarm on these running backs in the mid - late first and into the first / second turn. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Doing my big money league draft tonight. I've run some sims and man, this may be a year where I do a RB / WR split in the first two rounds or possibly even go RB / RB. Unless I CMC, Bijan, Hall at the top of the first, I'm very, very lukewarm on these running backs in the mid - late first and into the first / second turn. 

You don't like Taylor,  Barkley, Gibbs?

On 8/28/2024 at 9:57 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

When Hock gets back, he should be a solid option but honestly I dont know how much Darnold likes his TEs to know if we get Minny Hock or Detroit Hock. 

Obviously, you would assume (or hope) that he's evolved since his time with the Jets.  But he didn't have a TE post over 500 yards on a season in his time in New York. Granted, different scheme/coordinator and the Jets never had a WR the caliber of JJ that defenses were forced to account for.  That said, I'd hedge that a Darnold TE really holds most of his value in a full PPR league.  And my concern is that the Vikings really don't have a ton of motivation to pull Darnold for the QB3 (Is it Brett Rypien at this point or Nick Mullens?), because O'Connell's job isn't in jeopardy and if anything, by maintaining their 2025 1st in the Day 1 trades that netted them McCarthy and Turner, they're have more motivation to be grateful for a better draft slot (via bad record - which Darnold is good at achieving) because that puts them, having their major franchise pieces (QB, WR1, LT; the only draft-premium position you could argue they could use is CB) acquired and under-contract, they're able to maneuver more freely if another team feels they have to move up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You don't like Taylor,  Barkley, Gibbs?

Nope

Taylor is a pretty hard pass for me.

Barkley is meh. 

Already have concerns about Gibbs and his hammy so i'm actually targeting Monty later on. 

I Just think there may be better value at WR there depending on how your board shakes out (this is a super flex, so QBs are also in consideration)