W/R: Christian Kirk

W/T: George Kittle 

FLEX: Zach Moss

DEF: 49’ers

K: Moody

I basically said screw running backs. League is too dependent on pass catchers 

We have pretty similar teams… in 12 team PPR my team looks like:

QB: Jackson, Stafford

RB: Montgomery, Gus Edwards, Warren, Allgeier, Corum, Benson, Mason (I know I’m super weak here so strategy was to get all the handcuffs) 

WR: Lamb, Pittman, Sutton 

TE: Kelce, LaPorta 

11 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Possibly overthinking this…

I have KCs defense. They play Baltimore. On waivers is Saints D, who play Carolina.

Do I borrow the Saints defense just for this week? Or just stick with Kc

I personally wouldn't play the Chiefs defense against the Ravens.

• Like 1

I get that Mostert had a big year last year, but he’s an injury prone 32 year old RB with 1 great season and a couple solid seasons to his name throughout his entire career. I can’t help but think last year was a bit of an outlier for Mostert. Would be very surprised if he is anywhere near last season’s touchdown total this season as touchdowns are generally a volatile stat. 

There seems to be way too much fear that he’s going to eat into Achane’s workload this year. Jaylen Wright is a bigger threat to Mostert than Mostert is to Achane imo. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

We have pretty similar teams… in 12 team PPR my team looks like:

QB: Jackson, Stafford

RB: Montgomery, Gus Edwards, Warren, Allgeier, Corum, Benson, Mason (I know I’m super weak here so strategy was to get all the handcuffs) 

WR: Lamb, Pittman, Sutton 

TE: Kelce, LaPorta 

This is a fire team. How did you get the two top TE's?

RB in PPR is not that important imo. You have a dual threat QB and Elite TEs and Great WRs.

I've had mediocre RB play for the past 4 years and always finish in the semi finals. I won my league last year and came in 2nd in the first year. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

This is a fire team. How did you get the two top TE's?

RB in PPR is not that important imo. You have a dual threat QB and Elite TEs and Great WRs.

I've had mediocre RB play for the past 4 years and always finish in the semi finals. I won my league last year and came in 2nd in the first year. 

I took Kelce in round 3 (beyond he's a great TE, that offense has NO ONE reliable that I expect Kelce to feast again this year). I fully expected that to start a mini run on TEs (at least LaPorta and Andrews) by the time my next pick came up 16 picks later in round 4. Everyone kept hammering the RBs and WRs that by the time my pick came up I had guys like Calvin Ridley, Aaron Jones, and Stevenson around. I figured not only do I get a sure thing with LaPorta rather than a hail mary with one of those three at my Flex and it also gives me insurance at the TE position with 2 of the best. The two picks right before were Josh Allen and Mahomes so I was definitely sweating haha. 

In years past I've tried the more balanced approach of taking a RB and WR in the first two rounds but RBs are more volatile whether it's because of injuries or they're just not prioritized in an NFL offense. I feel pretty confident in my ability to find one surprise guy at that position than I do about lucking into a random WR being a top guy. So went heavy at WR early (focusing on targets/completions is why I liked Pittman as a safe floor guy) and in the next few rounds focused on sure fire guarantees like Kelce and LaPorta and Sutton. 

We'll see how it goes! I'm glad I was able to get all the top handcuffs haha.  

36 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

I took Kelce in round 3 (beyond he's a great TE, that offense has NO ONE reliable that I expect Kelce to feast again this year). I fully expected that to start a mini run on TEs (at least LaPorta and Andrews) by the time my next pick came up 16 picks later in round 4. Everyone kept hammering the RBs and WRs that by the time my pick came up I had guys like Calvin Ridley, Aaron Jones, and Stevenson around. I figured not only do I get a sure thing with LaPorta rather than a hail mary with one of those three at my Flex and it also gives me insurance at the TE position with 2 of the best. The two picks right before were Josh Allen and Mahomes so I was definitely sweating haha. 

In years past I've tried the more balanced approach of taking a RB and WR in the first two rounds but RBs are more volatile whether it's because of injuries or they're just not prioritized in an NFL offense. I feel pretty confident in my ability to find one surprise guy at that position than I do about lucking into a random WR being a top guy. So went heavy at WR early (focusing on targets/completions is why I liked Pittman as a safe floor guy) and in the next few rounds focused on sure fire guarantees like Kelce and LaPorta and Sutton. 

We'll see how it goes! I'm glad I was able to get all the top handcuffs haha.  

Yup exactly my line of thinking. 
A Bonafide WR is a much better bet than RBS outside the top 5. They're usually good for 15 and can go to 40+.
RB's are often injured and are limited by RB by committee.

Keaton Mitchell and Jay Warren were my RBs by the EOY last year. Derrick Henry and Cam Akers were my Rbs last year. Henry barely scored 5 points three times last year.  I traded for Pollard and he barely broke 12 points multiple times last year.

I was carried by Nucua, DJ Moore, Addison,  Njoku, Kincaid, and Josh Allen all season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I get that Mostert had a big year last year, but he’s an injury prone 32 year old RB with 1 great season and a couple solid seasons to his name throughout his entire career. I can’t help but think last year was a bit of an outlier for Mostert. Would be very surprised if he is anywhere near last season’s touchdown total this season as touchdowns are generally a volatile stat. 

There seems to be way too much fear that he’s going to eat into Achane’s workload this year. Jaylen Wright is a bigger threat to Mostert than Mostert is to Achane imo. 

He was extremely TD dependent for his value.  that level of TD will likely dip as Achane and Wright take some of them.  I agree Wright is more similar to Mostert so he is likely the reason he will lose some touches.  I wouldn't trust Mostert at all in the fantasy playoffs unless both other backs are hurt.  

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Would you keep Wan'Dale Robinson or roster someone like Gainwell, Strong, or Sermon?

I think Robinson has more upside without injury than the others.  Even with injury I dont think any of those guys are the bell cow backs.  I like Shipley more than Gainwell, Strong is now fighting with Foreman for snaps and Sermon has just been bad in his career so would never trust him.  If there are higher ceiling guys like Vidal, Wright, Steele (could take over the pass catching role), Shipley, Laube, Keaton Mitchell, or Vaki that you want to bet on I could see it but I think Robinson is in for a decent year.  

12 hours ago, tyler735 said:

He doesn't have the wear & tear of a normal 32 yr old RB.. I'm going to trust him until I actually see him fail, and at his current ADP/dynasty value it's worth the risk. He has just as much upside as Derrick Henry.. one is being taken at 18 overall, the other 76. (Current fantasypros redraft rankings)

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1