Preseason Week 2 thread

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

What in the world is Atlanta doing not playing Penix?

Front office acting in job preservation mode, without regard to the best interest of the team, and ownership allowing it. If Penix looks bad in preseason snaps, it's only going to draw more attention to the selection.

Penix is on the team only as a fail safe for Cousins not being healthy so the GM can salvage a competitive season in the the worst division in football and try to keep his job another year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Mac Jones suddenly looks decent, smh. Good for him tho, maybe good offensive coaching and some talent at WR is all he needed... who'd a thunk. Gotta remind myself...only preseason, only preseason...

Even Bill Belicheck wasn't enough to make up for those horrible coordinators.  Hard to know what he was thinking on that one.  I hope your new coaching staff turns out to be a good one for you guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Russell Wilson looks cooked out there.

I mean, what was he supposed to do tonight?

My expectations are low, but our OL gave him very little time, our WRs weren't getting open and we had no run game against a pretty damn good DLine.

Wilson may be cooked, but he was far from the issue tonight.    

6 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Even Bill Belicheck wasn't enough to make up for those horrible coordinators.  Hard to know what he was thinking on that one.  I hope your new coaching staff turns out to be a good one for you guys.

His most egregious decision, up here. IMO. Giving Mac those coaches…almost like it was personal 

• Like 1

Cleveland is basically Pittsburgh but with a better secondary.

Browns offense is going to struggle this year. It’s just basically Chubb + Cooper + Njoku. We have zero offensive talent outside of those 3 (Jerry Jeudy could be solid). I think the offensive line is going to decline due to injuries, health, and the loss of Bill Callahan.

I think the defense will be absolutely filthy though. I have really high hopes and expectations for our defensive line. The only weak spot for the defense is the 2 linebacker spots next to JOK.

Edited by candyman93

12 hours ago, 43M said:

I mean, what was he supposed to do tonight?

My expectations are low, but our OL gave him very little time, our WRs weren't getting open and we had no run game against a pretty damn good DLine.

Wilson may be cooked, but he was far from the issue tonight.    

Seems like Steelers are in a tough spot than. Wilson is known for holding the ball a long time add in his diminished athleticism and bad OL. That offense is going to be rough again. Also Justin Fields isn’t looking any better.

Edited by Blackstar12

I feel like someone's gonna end up trading for some of these jags wrs.  There's definitely like 8/9 wrs that guys you can argue for and against the 53.

We have 5 wrs locked in.  Kirk, Thomas, Davis, Washington, duvernay. 

Cephus(highly sought after UDFA rookie)

Trammell(pr/slot wr who is a possession guy)

Tim Jones(St guy who can block at wr.)

Elijah Cooks(UDFA who made the 53 last year when we kept 7 wrs tho he was the weekly inactive until the injuries).

15 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I feel like someone's gonna end up trading for some of these jags wrs.  There's definitely like 8/9 wrs that guys you can argue for and against the 53.

We have 5 wrs locked in.  Kirk, Thomas, Davis, Washington, duvernay. 

Cephus(highly sought after UDFA rookie)

Trammell(pr/slot wr who is a possession guy)

Tim Jones(St guy who can block at wr.)

Elijah Cooks(UDFA who made the 53 last year when we kept 7 wrs tho he was the weekly inactive until the injuries).

As a Ravens' fan you have my attention