Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I see it’s a bit much but, Ekeler had 51 recs in just 14 games last year. I don't predict injuries so, if he plays 17 games it would be around 60 recs. Let's not forget that JD McKissic had 80 recs in 2020 for almost 600 yds & 2 TDs. Then Logan Thomas had 72 recs & 6 TDs in 2020.

I think Ertz & Ekeler are better than those two and Ekeler is going to be our change of pace back/3rd down back and not take the beating in between the tackles like he did the last several years for the LAC. He should be more fresh than he's been.

I hope you are right.  Honestly, I would prefer to see Sinnot/Bates and Robinson deliver more because they are our future.  I just don't want to put the bar to high for Daniels.  If he gives us 4500 yards we are going to be in heaven, but I'll be happy with over 3000.

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Ertz, perhaps, but I don’t think Ekeler is washed.  I think he has a lot left in the tank, and a lot to offer this offense.  It is a great talent and skill-set.  

Ekeler should bring a lot as our 3rd down / passing down back. I’ve loved this signing since before it happened. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

I hope you are right.  Honestly, I would prefer to see Sinnot/Bates and Robinson deliver more because they are our future.  I just don't want to put the bar to high for Daniels.  If he gives us 4500 yards we are going to be in heaven, but I'll be happy with over 3000.

I agree that I want to see Sinnott & BRob more than Ekeler/Ertz but the vets are going to play too. Ertz is going to be Jayden’s #2 target after Terry for as long as Ertz is healthy. We can not like that as much as we want, but I think it’s an absolute fact.

BRob is going to get plenty of touches, way more than Ekeler but they’ll be mostly rushes, not receptions. There's no doubt who our #1 RB is. I see BRob w/ 200-250 carries this year & then 30 receptions.

I don't think Jayden is going to have 4500 yards passing. What I posted would be if everything went perfectly but it never does. 

I think Jayden gets close to 4000 yards passing & has 25 passing TDs with 500 yards rushing & 7 rushing TDs. 

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Dotson handled that very well:

Jahan has always seemed like a great person. Surprisingly we don't play the Eagles until week 11 in November. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by turtle28

I keep reading we got a better receiver in Noah Brown and upgraded a 5th round pick to a Third..plus the two 7's. ( one of which is probably in the trade for the 6th for Ridgeway ) I hope it works that way . 

Brown - like his size and physical style. Guess that's what DQ wanted.

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I keep reading we got a better receiver in Noah Brown and upgraded a 5th round pick to a Third..plus the two 7's. ( one of which is probably in the trade for the 6th for Ridgeway ) I hope it works that way . 

That’s what they were trying for in Martavis Bryant, and why they weren’t interested in bringing him back.  Every team needs to have someone with that kind of size.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Noah Brown is a JAG. He’s not better than Dotson and suggesting so is just pure craziness. 

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Noah Brown is a JAG. He’s not better than Dotson and suggesting so is just pure craziness. 

Well it looks like he is viewed that way by the front office because they only gave him a 1 year deal.  I swear this is the same as rivera.  1 year deals.  Comp pick game.  Prove it.  Then we have to overpay to keep em.  So he is duct tape and next year we will be revamping this WR core.

• Like 1

Never liked Jahan Dotson from the start. Was never going to be a complimentary receiver to Terry - and he's not an elite athlete despite running a 4.43. I'll take Noah Brown and a third rounder over him. Just use that pick to draft a WR. 

9 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I don't know if Noah is better, he's never even had a Jahan type season but he has flashed in spurts in both Dallas & Houston so maybe it all comes together for him. 

I definitely agree that Jahan just wasn't the type of WR they were looking for on the outside and OZ was quicker and a better option on the inside plus OZ can play special teams and he's a better blocker.

Noah is going to be an asset as a possession WR and especially as a blocker on the edge for BRob, Eckler & Jayden.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Noah is not better than Jahan at some things but he's what they are looking for outside. He's a big physical WR who blocks and can play special teams too which Jahan complained or pouted about doing from reports.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He might be better as a TE long-term, which could be why they want him.  

They don't need TEs so I doubt it. Also Noah has been in the league for 6 years and is 28 (29 in January) so he's pretty much what he is right now.