Commanders trade Jahan Dotson to Eagles

MikeT14

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm guessing he's just around 500 yards with like 3-5 touchdowns, which isn't bad given who's in front of him.

I mean that's what he put up for Washington last year and everyone crapped on him like he's a bust. I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean that's what he put up for Washington last year and everyone crapped on him like he's a bust. I don't get it.

Was Dotson considered the teams #2 WR (Smitty) or at best the Commanders 4th option? Which he will be as a Eagle behind Dallas Goedert and tbh probably 5th behind Saquon as well for targets?

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was Dotson considered the teams #2 WR (Smitty) or at best the Commanders 4th option? Which he will be as a Eagle behind Dallas Goedert and tbh probably 5th behind Saquon as well for targets?

Probably the 3rd option behind McLaurin and Curtis Samuel. McLaurin had 132 targets, Samuel 91, Dotson 83, Logan Thomas had 78. 

24 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I had no idea the Commanders made any of these changes. This completely changes my opinion on this trade. What a steal for Washington wow!

Yea, I know. Me too.

The Commanders name kind of has that XFL feel. For the longest time, I thought the NFC East only had 3 teams in it. Well, in a way? There just has been 3. 😂 

Edited by aceinthehouse

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

And some are now dumping on him on the way out……..the true way of a Washington football fan.  

This is all on the Eagles.  If he works out well, it’s a steal for them.  If he doesn’t work out, a third round pick is just about the going rate for rental help at the trade deadline, they just made their move earlier to bet on someone they like from scouting reports and what their people are looking at.  

1 hour ago, Danger said:

He's better than Zachheus and Dyami Brown. Luke McCaffery is probably not going to be as good this season as Dotson would have been.

I do agree on that.  However, if the coaching staff doesn’t feel that Dotson is a fit, I do understand moving him now to get good value, and that opens up the option for McCaffrey to get some much needed experience.  

That being said, I have my own opinions on how coaches don’t view guys as ‘fits for their scheme’ and you really should be adjusting your scheme for the talent you have, but I digress.  

8 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Outside of McLaurin, the Commanders WR/TE is absolutely horrendous. McLaurin probably gonna have a big year. 

I agree. I have no idea what other WR's are gonna step up. Including Dyami Brown, who's had a good camp but hasn't done a lot in the regular season.

Thank god we're deep at TE & RB's.

16 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Outside of McLaurin, the Commanders WR/TE is absolutely horrendous. McLaurin probably gonna have a big year. 

I think Sinnott and Ertz have looked good so far. Ertz is old and probably gives way to Sinnott at some point but WR outside of Terry is pretty bad. But it was that way before we dealt Dotson who was losing ground to other receivers on the roster during TC.