The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

I’m going to be updating this after every game he plays this year, complete with statistical analysis and obviously unbiased commentary.

Title updated

Edited by MWil23

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s only known the playbook for 3 years. That’s obviously not enough time. It’s not like someone can just come off the couch and play well. 

Apparently you forgot we hired a new OC this year.

13 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Update:

Watson will not play tonight with an ouchie boo boo on his throwing shoulder.

Likely outcome:

Week 1 excuse of “health and rust” by the “objective” masses

You doing ok man?  This whole schtick has just become so increasingly bizarre…

• Like 2

Here’s my horrible gut take-

He looks REALLY good in 10 games, but gets injured again and misses the final 7 games of the year. Creating doubt, but enough of false hope.

Then he craps the bed in 2025 and we move on.

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Here’s my horrible gut take-

He looks REALLY good in 10 games, but gets injured again and misses the final 7 games of the year. Creating doubt, but enough of false hope.

Then he craps the bed in 2025 and we move on.

My prediction is that Winston starts more games than Watson. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

An OC that’s not calling plays 

I mean, just because the same guy is selecting the play and relaying that information to the QB doesn’t mean it’s the same offense.

Doesn’t really matter though, dude has had plenty of time to work out any kinks.  This is the NFL and he’s a vet.  There’s always gonna be a new coach, new wrinkle to the scheme, new surrounding talent, etc.  

He’s been here 2 years and the offense was tailored to him.  Go play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You doing ok man?

Doing great as a whole.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This whole schtick has just become so increasingly bizarre…

It’s not a schtick. I legitimately struggle with not wishing legitimately terrible things on him, something I’m at least trying to change on a human level. This entire debacle has made me lukewarm at most on this organization and my fandom. Maybe I’ll change course in 2027. Til then, this is who I’m going to be in this forum. Maybe we can find a Brock Purdy late and things will change but I highly doubt it.

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gun to my head prediction? Watson starts a dozen games, has a couple great ones, a couple doozies and a bunch of meh games and we’re having this same conversation in a year.

Can't wait!

5616.jpg?width=445&dpr=1&s=none

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Doing great as a whole.

It’s not a schtick. I legitimately struggle with not wishing legitimately terrible things on him, something I’m at least trying to change on a human level. This entire debacle has made me lukewarm at most on this organization and my fandom. Maybe I’ll change course in 2027. Til then, this is who I’m going to be in this forum. Maybe we can find a Brock Purdy late and things will change but I highly doubt it.

This isn’t meant to be snarky at all, but if you’re doing great otherwise maybe investing time in this team isn’t the best thing as you seem to be rather miserable and at times insufferable when discussing really anything related to it.

This just doesn’t seem like the enjoyable break from reality that sports typically is for most folks for you. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Honestly that's probably like 20% of the Browns fanbase. You go from a very very likable organization that even many non Browns fans root for to a very shady organization that pretty much everyone roots against, primarily because of one guy. You gave up so much for him and he has been below average and unavailable. Some would call it karma, I don't believe in karma. Just a bad idea with some long term consequences.

• Like 1