The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I was always pro-Baker as well (but not a frequent poster really)

And to use the crazy pills analogy, I couldnt believe everyone got so off on him that year, when it was beyond obvious he was playing badly hobbled.

He wasn’t good. 

I’ve been consistent the whole time in liking Baker enough to want to ride out his 5h year option and see what could happen.  I absolutely preferred that to trading for the sex pest and obviously still would have.

All that said, he had some issues his last year here, and throughout his tenure in Cleveland that I spelled out earlier in the thread.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He wasn’t good. 

I’ve been consistent the whole time in liking Baker enough to want to ride out his 5h year option and see what could happen.  I absolutely preferred that to trading for the sex pest and obviously still would have.

All that said, he had some issues his last year here, and throughout his tenure in Cleveland that I spelled out earlier in the thread.

Same. I was definitely a Baker fan, but he had issues his final year here that I'm not sure were related to his injury. And I too preferred to ride it out with him another year.

With Baker's inconsistency issues and having the opportunity to acquire a young top QB at the time (regardless of his character), I understand why we (and let's not forget - about half the league) were interested in acquiring him.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

look though all the tweets. It’s obviously him. He blocked me on his regular account. I never once tweeted to him to that account. I only trashed him on his burner. 

He’s ******* cooked mentally.

When you’re creating burners to defend yourself to fans on Twitter it’s over.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m no lawyer, but the way that reads to me is this is only a problem for Watson if there’s disciplinary action from the league or if he’s charged with a crime.

If this is just a civil suit and the league isn’t inclined to punish him further, there can be a new rape accusation that comes to light via civil suits every week and the Browns wouldn’t have any recourse if the NFL lumps everything in as essentially “time served”.

I really hope this entire debacle doesn’t cost Stefanski his job, since I still believe we just need to get a decent talent at QB for his offense to work. The sooner we reverse the full pivot into Deshaun the better.

I even think Deshaun might play better in the play action run game system that idiot proofs the offense than what we are trying to do for him now.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I really hope this entire debacle doesn’t cost Stefanski his job, since I still believe we just need to get a decent talent at QB for his offense to work. The sooner we reverse the full pivot into Deshaun the better.

I even think Deshaun might play better in the play action run game system that idiot proofs the offense than what we are trying to do for him now.

I’ve been saying this for years. We need a heavy play action game. Especially when we get Chubb back. You have to take advantage of that running threat and combined with watsons running ability he should be doing a lot of play action bootlegs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m no lawyer, but the way that reads to me is this is only a problem for Watson if there’s disciplinary action from the league or if he’s charged with a crime.

If this is just a civil suit and the league isn’t inclined to punish him further, there can be a new rape accusation that comes to light via civil suits every week and the Browns wouldn’t have any recourse if the NFL lumps everything in as essentially “time served”.

At this point, only something so publicly heinous like a video or screenshot will cause enough bad PR for this organization to eat his salary and move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

At this point, only something so publicly heinous like a video or screenshot will cause enough bad PR for this organization to eat his salary and move on.

Even then.. “that’s nothing, you should have seen what I was doing when I was his age”- Jimmy, probably.

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41220358/browns-deshaun-watson-denies-latest-sexual-assault-allegations

As expected, he is denying the alleged.

I don’t honestly think Watson can specifically even pinpoint these specific instances. Based on all of the allegations within a thin timeframe, this guy has had so many of these encounters it’s probably hard to narrow down what allegedly happened which time and with who. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1