The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Given that fan is short for fanatic, as opposed to me being relatively passionate and logical with moments of optimism alongside Quinn and Mayfield bashing during my span here from 2004-2022, I have simply decided to cope with this team in a booing manner and fashion, hoping that the entire fan base turns against Watson and they just eat his salary and cut him, accruing a horrific deadcap, and start over 2 years early as opposed to riding it out 2 more seasons.

If enough people voice their frustration and anger, maybe it’ll make a difference. If not, it’s at least cathartic.

It'd be nice but I doubt it could happen.

You have 10-15% who think he did nothing wrong (him included).

You have 20%ish who don't care at all about off the field stuff.

You have another 30% that are extremely casual as it is and wouldn't participate.

You have 100% that are used to disappointment from this franchise so it's pretty much SNAFU.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That’s what I think they’re secretly hoping with DTR. The problem is that the kid looks terrified every time he’s asked to throw the ball. God forbid it’s got deep route concepts.

You know, that deep ball concern was with me after watching him all last year but that 58ish yard pass for the TD yesterday was a thing of beauty so he can certainly do it....just a matter of consistency, and if he can stop being scared of his own shadow. 

• Like 1

I’ll be curious to see if Watson can work with Dorsey’s scheme.

He wants option routes for WRs, which is different from the rhythm and timing stuff we’ve done. I prefer giving WRs option routes, but both QB and WR better be damn smart.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll be curious to see if Watson can work with Dorsey’s scheme.

He wants option routes for WRs, which is different from the rhythm and timing stuff we’ve done. I prefer giving WRs option routes, but both QB and WR better be damn smart.

Better chance for positive plays and negative plays if they aren't on the same page.

Realistically, if it's your job, it shouldn't be that hard to learn. Sure you will make a mistake now and then just because you got fooled but it seems like a good system if the players really care about preparation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Better chance for positive plays and negative plays if they aren't on the same page.

Realistically, if it's your job, it shouldn't be that hard to learn. Sure you will make a mistake now and then just because you got fooled but it seems like a good system if the players really care about preparation.

Agreed

Rhythm and timing offenses can be beautiful to watch when executed. It’s won super bowls too.

However, it’s easier to disrupt. Especially if you go against a physical defense. If your WRs are getting smacked out of their release, they’re going to have a long day.

Reality is, we are stuck with him for three more years regardless of what he looks like the only out is if he gets himself into legal travel and then you cut bait ASAP if there’s cause. I hope he proves me wrong and he is more available and better than I expect him to be. Otherwise I think we are in limbo for three years. 

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Reality is, we are stuck with him for three more years regardless of what he looks like the only out is if he gets himself into legal travel and then you cut bait ASAP if there’s cause. I hope he proves me wrong and he is more available and better than I expect him to be. Otherwise I think we are in limbo for three years. 

Sheesh Nate I know you guys hate the guy, but isn’t this going a little too far?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The fact that we haven’t restructured his deal says a lot.

We’re prepping to move on after 2026.

Yeah, it’s their only move at this point.  If he looks great they can restructure and extend moving forward, but you can only kick the can so far based on what little we’ve seen from him.

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The fact that we haven’t restructured his deal says a lot.

We’re prepping to move on after 2026.

I was hoping they’d restructure him and pay him out completely now so they could move on after this year, be in salary cap Armageddon, but expedite the process of rebuilding as opposed to waiting for Chubb and Amari to be gone, Ward to medically retire, Bitonio to retire, and Myles to start the downward decline.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Also, according to randoms on Reddit (aka legit sauces) some breakdowns of his contract stated he’d likely be restructured after years 1/2, after that it’s time for an extension, not a restructure.  Obviously that could still happen.

91gk59.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I was hoping they’d restructure him and pay him out completely now so they could move on after this year, be in salary cap Armageddon, but expedite the process of rebuilding as opposed to waiting for Chubb and Amari to be gone, Ward to medically retire, Bitonio to retire, and Myles to start the downward decline.

That would have to come down from Jimmy Truckstop. AB has too much skin in the game for that because it would be inevitable he’d be out the door. 

This is a make or break year, bottom line. We went all in with Deshaun. Best case scenario, he is healthy, plays great football, and we get back to being in contention and are therefore fine with two more years of Watson. Worst case scenario he flounders and you have to do everything you can to cut bait sooner. Which sucks because we have some real dudes who are in their prime and ready to compete. In that case, you have to get a cap friendly quarterback to buy you time for a couple years and try to make the best of it because you have a really good roster still I don’t think we are in rebuild mode yet.

Edited by NateDawg