The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

Okay, time for a grade for yesterday’s game:

nnMp8I.gif

…I didn’t watch except for the fourth quarter minus about half of that quarter when I had to clean the bathroom drains (serious) because I remembered I probably should.

Box score says best case scenario is a D. Anyone care to object? Sounds like an F- first half.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

First team in a decade to score under 20 in the first 6 games. And this is including 2 games where the D/ST spotted you 7 ffs lol.

1 TD in their last 29 drives.

Continuing to trot the sex pest out there is absurd.  Maybe they give him till the bye, but 3 more games of this seems hard to imagine.

0 for his last 26 on third downs. Absolutely incredible.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pf9 said:

The longer Watson remains starter, the lesser the chance Stefanski becomes the first Browns coach in 42 years to make it to a 6th season.

I really want to know how much of a voice he had in Watson's acquisition. If not much, I'd rather keep him with the caveat he finds a better OL coach and OC. If he did have a strong say, I won't shed tears if him (and anyone else who did is gone...to bad the owner can't fire himself with the rest of the lot)

7 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I really want to know how much of a voice he had in Watson's acquisition. If not much, I'd rather keep him with the caveat he finds a better OL coach and OC. If he did have a strong say, I won't shed tears if him (and anyone else who did is gone...to bad the owner can't fire himself with the rest of the lot)

Getting Watson wasn’t a bad move FROM A FOOTBALL PERSPECTIVE at the time.  He was 26, a 3 time pro bowler and led the league in passing yards the year before. 

Not every move is gonna work, but I can appreciate taking a shot on a proven commodity at QB (just not this pervert).  The picks aren’t great, but that’s the going rate.

The contract is the real issue imo.  It kills any flexibility and makes admitting the mistake seemingly impossible for this regime.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Getting Watson wasn’t a bad move FROM A FOOTBALL PERSPECTIVE at the time.  He was 26, a 3 time pro bowler and led the league in passing yards the year before. 

Not every move is gonna work, but I can appreciate taking a shot on a proven commodity at QB (just not this pervert).  The picks aren’t great, but that’s the going rate.

The contract is the real issue imo.  It kills any flexibility and makes admitting the mistake seemingly impossible for this regime.

Agree.

Even if Kevin was interested in Deshaun, there’s no way he went to Jimmy and told him to fully guarantee his contract to get him, and that’s the biggest problem with this entire situation.

It should have ended when Deshaun told them that he wasn’t interested initially. Whoever pushed the fully guaranteed deal is the one who seriously screwed up.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 1