The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

That would have to come down from Jimmy Truckstop. AB has too much skin in the game for that because it would be inevitable he’d be out the door. 

This is a make or break year, bottom line. We went all in with Deshaun. Best case scenario, he is healthy, plays great football, and we get back to being in contention and are therefore fine with two more years of Watson. Worst case scenario he flounders and you have to do everything you can to cut bait sooner. Which sucks because we have some real dudes who are in their prime and ready to compete. In that case, you have to get a cap friendly quarterback to buy you time for a couple years and try to make the best of it because you have a really good roster still I don’t think we are in rebuild mode yet.

Hi Nate good to hear from you

hope all is well thank you for you.
It is going to be interesting but if Willis and Conklin spend significant time on the bench this team is done.

this is where Berry lack of drafting will cut deeply.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

You'd think we just came off of a 4 win season. You guys are miserable.

I think the issue is that most people see this as the best team we've had in ages and we lit 3 FRPs and $240M on fire to downgrade at quarterback and have that be our biggst hole. If you undo that, I'd feel amazing about this team right now. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DawgX said:

You'd think we just came off of a 4 win season. You guys are miserable.

We have probably the second best overall roster in the NFL behind only San Francisco (maybe Philly too) and folks can “see us winning 9 games” but hopefully we find a way to win a couple more and sneak into the playoffs. The common denominator and question mark is painfully obvious as to why that is.

I never thought Baker Mayfield was the answer, but based on the last two years, we traded a whole bunch of draft picks and capital for a guy who has been worse for us. That has been part of the hard part the last couple of seasons. The bridge was burnt and it was time to move on but man, we just haven’t gotten what we had hoped to this point.

If he is the 2020 version of Deshaun Watson, then it will be still great value and we are going to have an awesome season. This team is set up roster wise to really compete so we should all be hoping for that. I’m really curious to see if and when Nick Chubb is back. If Watson becomes what they traded for him to be then this team is a real Super Bowl contender and the window is now. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I never thought Baker Mayfield was the answer, but based on the last two years, we traded a whole bunch of draft picks and capital for a guy who has been worse for us. That has been part of the hard part the last couple of seasons. The bridge was burnt and it was time to move on but man, we just haven’t gotten what we had hoped to this point.

If he is the 2020 version of Deshaun Watson, then it will be still great value and we are going to have an awesome season. This team is set up roster wise to really compete so we should all be hoping for that. I’m really curious to see if and when Nick Chubb is back. If Watson becomes what they traded for him to be then this team is a real Super Bowl contender and the window is now. 

I hated the player but not the idea behind going all in on a perceived (at the time) top 10 QB.

I liked Baker and my preference at the time was to ride out his 5th year option, but I don’t see him as being “the guy”.  Unfortunately Watson doesn’t appear to be either.  Or hasn’t yet anyway.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Mice, I would never do such a thing. I only laugh with you, Mike.

No worries 

how goes it very memorable year

probably going to need a lot of coaching

as I have never played espn fantasy football.