The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

For perspective on how absolutely volatile Quinn vs Anderception was, it culminated in multiple perma-bans, people outright quitting the site, and mods being replaced.

Some of you need reminded when you think it’s been bad with Watson.

We already came through our forum civil war guys.

I honestly remember none of that. But then again, I was often pretty high at the time so that could be why.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, show me any pro athlete that doesn’t have a ton of self confidence.  I don’t think you can play that position at any level without a certain level of confidence and definitely not at the highest level.

”idk, I’m sorta mid.  I’m pretty sure I’ve peaked.” isn’t some **** any player is gonna say lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, show me any pro athlete that doesn’t have a ton of self confidence.  I don’t think you can play that position at any level without a certain level of confidence and definitely not at the highest level.

”idk, I’m sorta mid.  I’m pretty sure I’ve peaked.” isn’t some **** any player is gonna say lol

Just clarifying since the prevailing thought around here was that he was “mentally broken” last year. Removing perceived excuses in advance.

I think realistically if things continue at the pace they are at then we are still tied to starting him through next season. Then I think they would be fine in his contract year paying him to sit the bench or whatever. It sucks because assuming he is not the solution here, we destroyed the window for all of these players that deserve to compete. I mean this sincerely but if we aren’t going to compete for a title, I hope guys like Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett get to do so elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I mean this sincerely but if we aren’t going to compete for a title, I hope guys like Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett get to do so elsewhere.

My hope has been that Watson just retired, which isn't realistic but hope doesn't have to be. It also isn't football related.

Otherwise, yeah unless there is a career ending injury or incarceration that happens we are stuck with him until we no longer have the core of players we currently have. I would have been happy for him to be incarcerated for the crimes he already committed but I can't hope he commits more.

As far as Garrett/Chubb etc.. getting titles elsewhere, I don't really hope for that. If it happens I would be happy for them but it isn't anything I would hope for. My hope would be they win one here with someone other than Watson. Looking like a hopeless hope but we made the playoffs last year without Watson so it's possible I'll be rooting for Winston in the playoffs this year. With Chubb's new bionic knee that allows him to run a sub 4 40 and leap 20 feet in the air, anything is possible.

• Like 4