Week 1 @ Philadelphia Eagles in Brazil Leadup and Countdown

The thing the Packers are especially good at on offense (and the Eagles are especially bad at defending) is "making hay in neutral situations on offense" (i.e. those ones where neither passing nor running is especially expected.)

So I imagine the Packers will be able to get positive runs on 1st and 10, but not on 3rd and short.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

9 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Ellis Merriweather is the only player activated from the practice squad. Willis will be the backup QB.

I like metro weather I have a feeling he could be there short yardage bruiser we all wanted Dillon to be

5 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Well, almost the end of talking and time for doing.  Got a bit of the pregame first game jitters building now but those always end by kickoff.

While I do expect our defense to finally come out and be a big difference maker for the first time in a long time, I still feel like our offense needs to set the tone here.  What do we do?  Go for the Watson bomb like we did against Detroit at Thanksgiving?  Get a pass to Jacobs underneath but in open field one on one and see what he can do?  Or see if Musgrave can do his best Kittle impersonation in the middle of the field?

Options for big plays like the Chiefs sometimes had last night are there.  Hopefully LaFleur uses them without wasting them.

Yeah, hoping Watson has a monster game.  His challenge will be his durability this year.  Really hoping he breaks out in this game.  This offense is different when he's in there.

I'm gonna be the Neurotic in this thread apparently;

34-20 Philadelphia

For two reasons;
1. #1s only had a single drive of in-game work during this preseason, which is a slight step up from '21 and '22, but you know darn well what happened on Opening Day in both games. That said, that drive and Love's age is why I'm spotting the Pack 20.
2. I'm holding praise for the Jeff Hafley system until I see concrete results in games that matter. Until then, they're held to the ol' Packer D standard.

I'd BETTER be proven wrong.

5 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

34-20 Philadelphia

For two reasons;
1. #1s only had a single drive of in-game work during this preseason, which is a slight step up from '21 and '22, but you know darn well what happened on Opening Day in both games. That said, that drive and Love's age is why I'm spotting the Pack 20.
2. I'm holding praise for the Jeff Hafley system until I see concrete results in games that matter. Until then, they're held to the ol' Packer D standard.

Capture.jpg

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I just hope they are aggressive.  We've seen the sit back and wait approach. Corners 12 yards back on 3rd and 3.  I hope they dictate the flow.  You gonna get smoked now and then but it should help create some turnovers. 

Edited by NFLGURU

15 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

34-20 Philadelphia

For two reasons;

Hey **** you guy.

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

What is your favorite matchup on the field to watch? 

I am excited to see q mitchell against jayden reed

Wicks vs anyone. Want to see watson smoke slay deep. Kraft/musgrave vs any of the MoF defenders. 

Interested in if we follow with Ja or not. 

But really i just wanna see if a DB blitzes. We get like 2 of those and thats more exotic **** than Barry trotted out.