49ers and WR Brandon Aiyuk Agree to a 4 year 120M Deal, 76M Guaranteed

You guys are missing a bigger point. The team legitimately let over two months pass before getting back to the negotiation table. That was reported by multiple people and they ended up raising the offer as they always were going to do. There is no reason for the FO to do this every single year when all it does is unnecessarily drag negotiations out longer than it needs to.

Anyways, got one deal done and another that needs to be done by the weekend. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You guys are missing a bigger point. The team legitimately let over two months pass before getting back to the negotiation table. That was reported by multiple people and they ended up raising the offer as they always were going to do. There is no reason for the FO to do this every single year when all it does is unnecessarily drag negotiations out longer than it needs to.

And if it got done before the WR market went haywire, when it should have done, then it would probably be a $25m-26m APY deal.

Rickey was right! 

1) he said the niners offered 30m aav like 2 weeks ago (proven true) 

2) he said Pittsburgh and the 49ers agreed to a trade (they did, the niners just said it was contingent upon getting another WR) 

3) he said the niners were looking to acquire a WR from the AFCW (true) 

I don't understand the hate. The guy peeled back the curtain of how one hand washes the other with regards to the "insiders" and the teams. Sometimes it's agents pushing stuff in the media but the majority of it comes from the teams. I thought it was funny how ruffled the media establishments were over this. He scooped them, there is no denying it. Jfc people just be happy we had additional information that we wouldn't have had otherwise. 

ALSO - for the record. The niners can say they offered the same thing for the last 3 weeks and have it technically be true to a degree, and aiyuks agent can say that some new terms were agreed to literally today and it be technically true.

Niners offered him 4/120 on 8/12 but maybe it was 50m guaranteed. Maybe today they finally got to 75. Do you see how the team can say it was the same deal, while the agent can say that it isn't?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I agree. At some point Jed needs to look at whoever is doing this (I know we all think it’s Paraag but maybe it’s Jed’s guidance or something else, who knows) and do a cost benefit analysis and see it’s actually costing the team money AND hurting performance on the field. If that’s the case, as it appears to us fans, then either the strategy or the individual not properly executing the strategy must go. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Rickey was right! 

2) he said Pittsburgh and the 49ers agreed to a trade (they did, the niners just said it was contingent upon getting another WR) 

I don't understand the hate. The guy peeled back the curtain of how one hand washes the other with regards to the "insiders" and the teams. Sometimes it's agents pushing stuff in the media but the majority of it comes from the teams. I thought it was funny how ruffled the media establishments were over this. He scooped them, there is no denying it. Jfc people just be happy we had additional information that we wouldn't have had otherwise. 

ALSO - for the record. The niners can say they offered the same thing for the last 3 weeks and have it technically be true to a degree, and aiyuks agent can say that some new terms were agreed to literally today and it be technically true.

Niners offered him 4/120 on 8/12 but maybe it was 50m guaranteed. Maybe today they finally got to 75. Do you see how the team can say it was the same deal, while the agent can say that it isn't?  

He made proclamations as if they were premonitions with specific dates, and times as to when an announcement was going to happen, and then it never did. He really wasn't right more than anyone else in the field is. 

"My back is against the wall but Brandon Aiyuk will be a Pittsburgh Steeler. I'm going out on top. #TrustRickey"

Funny-1216.gif

He's had his hits, but the Aiyuk saga wasn't one of them clearly. He has since dipped into witness protection. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, N4L said:

Rickey was right! 

While I mostly agree with the second part, I feel like both sides are lying rather than being honest.

I do think the 9ers changed the guaranteed amount, or changed the details to front load the contract.  Whether the AAV changed is anyone's guess. 

To assuage my own confirmation bias (everyone is lying all the time), I will consider not disclosing details on the guaranteed amounts, dispersement years, and AAV as intentionally withholding important details, which is a form of dishonesty. 

The Biggest Winners!  AIyuk I suppose and Ricky

The Biggest Losers: All of us

This offseason has been bizarre.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, N4L said:

Rickey was right! 

The issue is he was reckless in his predictions. You just simply can't say Aiyuk will be a Steeler today and then it not happen. Reporters would get killed if they did that type of reporting. Do you know how many things Schefty and Ian hear that they never put out? 

He's clearly not a nobody though. Rickey definitely has some sources or is involved in some agency. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

While I mostly agree with the second part, I feel like both sides are lying rather than being honest.

I do think the 9ers changed the guaranteed amount, or changed the details to front load the contract.  Whether the AAV changed is anyone's guess. 

To assuage my own confirmation bias (everyone is lying all the time), I will consider not disclosing details on the guaranteed amounts, dispersement years, and AAV as intentionally withholding important details, which is a form of dishonesty. 

The Biggest Winners!  AIyuk I suppose and Ricky

The Biggest Losers: All of us

This offseason has been bizarre.

Every offseason since 2021 has sucked. Like, we got some cool players since then, but the overall feeling of each offseason was either marred by Trey Lance/Jimmy G discourse, contract disputes, or Purdy's elbow. 

• Like 1