2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

My only real thoughts on what I saw from the game last night is that Saquon seems like he is going to be a great addition to this team and Jalen has to stop turning the ball over. This team is so good. Just protect the football and the yards and points will flow. It’s week one, sloppy play is expected…. But it needs to be gone by next week. Just play within the new offense which is soooo much better than what we had last year. 

38 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

@Wentz you dog you that 1-0 coffee hitting great this AM and that 1-0 iced coffee gonna taste great in a bit

I was just thinking this EagleBlue…. It’s hitting different this AM knowing we have a whole slate of games we can enjoy even more on Sunday. I had to miss the first half of the game last night due to something I absolutely could not miss (needless to say I was not happy about it). But I caught the second half (started about 5 mins to go in the third). Hurts looked meh to me but he made some key plays down the stretch where he trucked the guy to get the first and made some nice in breakers to Smitty. What is everyone’s thoughts on the game? Defense being competent in the red zone was refreshing to see I’m sure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

My only real thoughts on what I saw from the game last night is that Saquon seems like he is going to be a great addition to this team and Jalen has to stop turning the ball over. This team is so good. Just protect the football and the yards and points will flow. It’s week one, sloppy play is expected…. But it needs to be gone by next week. Just play within the new offense which is soooo much better than what we had last year. 

Jalen did some good things, but his turning the ball over was concerning. Even Jordan loves INT (who I do think played worse) was a great play by blankenship

i didn’t love that Jalen had what feels like 4-5 legitimate turnover worthy plays

outside of that I saw the makings of a better Jalen within Kellen’s offense. The offense looks different undoubtedly.

AJs TD alone was exciting. A quick kick out last minute which gave him a more favorable positioning on Alexander and therefore an easier time getting open.

it definitely felt like the offense was no longer AJ and devonta just be better and win. It felt like there was reasoning to every formation, play call and such. Jalen in week 8 will probably give us a better understanding of Jalen in this offense.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Oh also the Lb’s were actually really good from what I saw which was awesome. Dean dropped the pick but was still good and Baun was great. 

Dean has his moments of what the hell. But he looked pretty damn good. It’s honestly nice to see. And Baun was pretty shocking. He’s clearly fangios 2024 AVG

Wild stuff he was legitimately good. Flying all over the field like a maniac. For one game he made me not miss TJ. 

his average yard per tackle was 3 yards and he honestly was exciting in coverage. This guy looks like a home run and he’s 27 with no mileage on his legs

Howie needs to lock him up if this continues 

Also as an eagles fan Jalen hurts drove me absolutely nuts and there were times last night when I was over it, however the QB who is widely believe to be up next with Caleb Williams and had an entire returning supporting cast and play caller played noticeably and objectively worse than Jalen. 

so while it was easy for me to be doom and gloom on Jalen. There is some perspective there. It was day 1 of a new offense against real opponents. Have to see if this continues or if he hits a stride

3 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Bro, in no situation where the snap hits the QB in the hands especially from under center is it on the center.  Just stop 😂 Jalen's 1st job is to secure the snap.  The 1st one may have been Jalen as well.  Everyone popped out of their stance on the snap indicating that they knew the snap count and Jalen didn't.  2nd is 💯 on Jalen.

The entire left side never moved? Who popped up Becton? Even Lane didn't look to pop up on the snap to me, until the ball was already snapped and almost off Jalen's chest?

You want to say the Brotherly Shove botched snap was Hurts fault by all means. I won't argue. It Hit him in the hands technically, so like a WR yes it's 💯 % on him. That wasn't a TO though, Saquon recovered. It just made the next 27 seconds more stressful in a 5pt gm not 9.

1st one was absolutely on Cam.

1 hour ago, Wentz you dog you said:

I was just thinking this EagleBlue…. It’s hitting different this AM knowing we have a whole slate of games we can enjoy even more on Sunday. I had to miss the first half of the game last night due to something I absolutely could not miss (needless to say I was not happy about it). But I caught the second half (started about 5 mins to go in the third). Hurts looked meh to me but he made some key plays down the stretch where he trucked the guy to get the first and made some nice in breakers to Smitty. What is everyone’s thoughts on the game? Defense being competent in the red zone was refreshing to see I’m sure 

Yeah Hurts looked both great and awful at times which I'm hoping we can just chalk up to week 1 stuff. Defense honestly was very encouraging in my opinion. Obviously need to clean stuff up like run game a bit but coverage wise they were great. I thought the rush was solid as well. Normal field they sack Love more than once or whatever it was.

44 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The entire left side never moved? Who popped up Becton? Even Lane didn't look to pop up on the snap to me, until the ball was already snapped and almost off Jalen's chest?

You want to say the Brotherly Shove botched snap was Hurts fault by all means. I won't argue. It Hit him in the hands technically, so like a WR yes it's 💯 % on him. That wasn't a TO though, Saquon recovered. It just made the next 27 seconds more stressful in a 5pt gm not 9.

1st one was absolutely on Cam.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, a botched snap is always the QB's fault.  It's Hurts job to make sure everyone in the huddle knows the snap count and the cadence.  A lot of that can be blamed on Hurts and Jurgens not getting enough work together, but minus Jurgens firing it over Hurts head or rolling him a dribbler it's on Hurts.

Also of note:

Hurts with motion: 15-21 212 yds 2 TD 0 int

Hurts w/o motion: 5-13 66 yds 0 TD 2 int

This tells me a couple of things:

1. Moore's implementation of motion into the offense is well designed and getting Hurts easy reads and receivers free releases off the line.

2. Hurts is not reading the field well like at all.  He has complete tunnel vision post snap and he's easily being fooled by rotations in coverage post snap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

Also of note:

Hurts with motion: 15-21 212 yds 2 TD 0 int

Hurts w/o motion: 5-13 66 yds 0 TD 2 int

This tells me a couple of things:

1. Moore's implementation of motion into the offense is well designed and getting Hurts easy reads and receivers free releases off the line.

2. Hurts is not reading the field well like at all.  He has complete tunnel vision post snap and he's easily being fooled by rotations in coverage post snap.

I’d be interested to see these stats for most QBs

jalen 100% was not good enough last night and last season. He’s not trending in a good direction at all. My only issue with the narrative around him is that there’s this assumption that most of the league is killing it with good QB play.

I think most of the QBs that aren’t the obvious elite guys would probably be heavily criticized by us eagles fans if they were our QB.

in fact I saw packer boards relentlessly trashing Jordan love who unquestionably played worse than Jalen but is widely considered the next big thing. 

outside of burrow, mahomes, josh Allen and Herbert I’m pretty confident in saying that eagles fans would be annoyed because everyone is annoyed by their QB.