2024-25 College Prospect Watch

615finest

I saw a lot of people raving about Moss after week 1.  I've been curious if other QBs have been jumping off, since Sanders and Weigman have had pretty bad showings and Allar looks like...the same.

Beck seems stable, and I'd like to check into Dart and Ward.  Wasn't impressed with them before the season, but it looks like they've been doing pretty well for themselves.

Jalen Milroe and Cade Klubnik are ones I liked preseason that I'd like to keep an eye on.  And I guess there's Ewers too.

58 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I saw a lot of people raving about Moss after week 1.  I've been curious if other QBs have been jumping off, since Sanders and Weigman have had pretty bad showings and Allar looks like...the same.

Beck seems stable, and I'd like to check into Dart and Ward.  Wasn't impressed with them before the season, but it looks like they've been doing pretty well for themselves.

Jalen Milroe and Cade Klubnik are ones I liked preseason that I'd like to keep an eye on.  And I guess there's Ewers too.

cam ward has been really good. i don’t know how all-in i am on him as an nfl prospect- there are definitely things in his game that will need a lot of work, and i need to see how the rest of the season goes- but he’s displaying an ability to play in structure and a command of the offense that i didn’t feel like i saw as much at wazzu, while retaining the freelance magic (that still does get him into trouble at times).

i was really unimpressed with dart last year and haven’t watched him this year but i know he’s put up silly numbers

42 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I want McMillan from Arizona. Just tears it up each time I watch him. 

good news: if will levis continues to suck we'll have a shot at him

bad news: if will levis continues to suck we'll need a QB

On 9/10/2024 at 12:38 AM, -Hope- said:

cam ward has been really good. i don’t know how all-in i am on him as an nfl prospect- there are definitely things in his game that will need a lot of work, and i need to see how the rest of the season goes- but he’s displaying an ability to play in structure and a command of the offense that i didn’t feel like i saw as much at wazzu, while retaining the freelance magic (that still does get him into trouble at times).

i was really unimpressed with dart last year and haven’t watched him this year but i know he’s put up silly numbers

Ward is suuuper nice.

On 9/9/2024 at 2:58 PM, KingTitan said:

I'd love to draft a QB that I have a strong conviction on, if we go that route. 
I'll have to look at Moss. I don't know anything beside a few clips from last year's bowl game. 

What I don't want is to settle for a QB in a draft, just because. I want it to be without a doubt the dude. 

I think we're going the route of the 49ers and Chiefs just trying to build a strong roster all around regardless of the Quarterback. To be honest, even if Levis isn't "the guy" but he's more just "good enough" to win games on his contract for a couple more years . . . I don't hate the idea of doing that and just breaking the bank a bit to get someone like Nico in a few years. Assuming he's actually, you know, still looking good when he's draft eligible in 2026 (I think?). 

This is all assuming Ran stays consistent and doesn't fall off a cliff like JRob did, of course.

• Like 1

So given the struggles of the right side of our line, we might still be in the market for tackles in this next class.  Watching Will Campbell against SC, I was not impressed.  He got completely demolished by Kyle Kennard.  Like, not a handful of losses.  On the other side, Kennard looks like a beast.  Wouldn't surprise me if he's a high first rounder come the draft.  Speed to power all day.

That said, a RT prospect that I was impressed with this weekend was Marques Cox from Kentucky.  He's their LT, but he looks like a big guy, and I just watched his tape against UGA from last year, and he's a people mover.  Struggles to keep his hands on defenders sometimes, so swipe moves and pushing to the inside was effective against him, but as a run blocker, he's great.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I've seen enough. Give me the QB from Nebraska. 

Dude is legit 

Just wander with whatever QB and if they don't stick. Sell the world to get Riola when he is eligible. 

I just hope he gets his own identity soon. The whole Mahomes cosplay is weird to me lol. His whole swag is Mahomes from the hairstyle, swag, and pregame warm up. 

he’s definitely a baller tho

Edited by 615finest
  • Like 1

i know everyone’s got their eyes on the ‘26 QBs but i gotta be real, i would not be mad at all if we gave cam ward a shot. i’m wearing the orange and green goggles and he’s got plenty to work on- his footwork needs development and he’s another one of those guys where you just can’t quite be sure how his freelancing is going to translate to the league. but what’s selling me on him is his poise/calm, preparedness, and decision making. dude plays the game ice cold and has rarely put the ball in harm’s way this season. he’s just one of those guys who feels like he always has an answer.

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i know everyone’s got their eyes on the ‘26 QBs but i gotta be real, i would not be mad at all if we gave cam ward a shot. i’m wearing the orange and green goggles and he’s got plenty to work on- his footwork needs development and he’s another one of those guys where you just can’t quite be sure how his freelancing is going to translate to the league. but what’s selling me on him is his poise/calm, preparedness, and decision making. dude plays the game ice cold and has rarely put the ball in harm’s way this season. he’s just one of those guys who feels like he always has an answer.

Love his game. Bout it.