Opening Night GDT 9/5: Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefer

3 Days away I couldn’t wait anymore, Laboring away on Labor Day. 

Are you ready for some football??!

Chiefs vs Ravens, will The Ravens run the ball? Derrick Henry and Lamar are quite the 1-2 punch.

Will the Ravens defense be just as good with a new DC, how are things looking on that side of the ball? Just fine I’m sure. 

Will the Chiefs defense look anywhere near as good as last years? Took a whole year to convince some people it was anything above average. No Sneed is worrisome. 

does the Chiefs offense look better switching out MVS for Xavier Worthy? No Toney moving forward is a net positive honestly. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

I think our offensive line gets absolutely manhandled. Lamar will still have no answer for quick interior pressure. Chiefs win 33-10.

Damn your probably the most pessimistic Ravens fan I’ve seen on here lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

I think our offensive line gets absolutely manhandled. Lamar will still have no answer for quick interior pressure. Chiefs win 33-10.

Luckily for you Chris Jones is really the only guy that can do that on the Chiefs, maybe Wharton if he’s recovered enough now. 

but Jones is a game wrecker. Anybody who saw his combine performance can tell you that 

Weirdest gameplan I've ever seen in the AFCG - run the ball <10x with RB's, only 4-5 designed runs for Lamar.   Against a KC D that was vulnerable to the run, and outside of Zay Flowers, absolutely stifled the pass game.    BAL O & Monken really dropped the ball there.   Still, full credit to Mahomes, Reid & co.   

Fast forward to this year - no Sneed, but BAL OL pass pro definitely was the weaker spot.   The solution?  RUN THE BALL MORE.     With Derrick Henry as the RB1, I'm pretty sure Monken & co. should get the memo.    With no Sneed, this sets up well for Flowers and the underneath stuff.    More running, more success with no Sneed (Flowers time for redemption), and I do think the BAL O will have more success. 

On the other side of the ball - what can you say?  Mahomes will look to find a way like he always does.  No Mike McDonald, but the D corps is mostly intact.   I don't expect regression on the BAL D until they have more turnover / injuries - then we'll see how much they miss him.    I don't expect the KC O to struggle to move the ball as much as they did last January, either.   

Xavier Worthy adds a really nice speed element, and Rice is still the go-to-guy.    It will be interesting to see if we get the playoff Kelce, or the 2H Kelce that was definitely slowing down (to be fair, injuries were taking their toll).   I do think adding Samaje Perine late really helps their balance in the backfield, as they didn't have the McKinnon role filled until then (Pacheco the lead dog, but his play style, you need a McKinnon type to spell him and get out there in passing downs / 2 min drill).

I will say this - if BAL wins with a run-based gameplan.....man, Ravens fans should have "what-might-have-been" much like DEN did with BAL in 2013 with Peyton Manning (Rahim Moore lives in our nightmares).

Overall, I expect a close game - IMO, it comes down to mistakes & TO's (duh).    Can't wait for the season to begin!

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Luckily for you Chris Jones is really the only guy that can do that on the Chiefs, maybe Wharton if he’s recovered enough now. 

but Jones is a game wrecker. Anybody who saw his combine performance can tell you that 

I definitely saw something at the combine

• Like 3

I've got both teams doing very well this year & making playoffs..Ravens @13-4 & Chiefs @12-5.

I've got Chris Jones as my Defensive Player of the year.

But I think this will be one where Chiefs take a W.

The crowd, the 3-peat screams & Arrowhead being one of the toughest places to play?

Chiefs win this one by 3 points, on a walk off FG game winner.

Chiefs - 27

Ravens - 24

(I reserve the right for this score to possibly be in OT)

Chris Jones with a MONSTER game, btw.

23 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Chiefer - we’ve watched Jones dominate for multiple years, we don’t need to go back to the combine! 😅

Unless of course you’re talking about his absolute broom stick

dd0.gif