Broncofan

Who wins this game?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Green Bay - Cheeseheads Unite!
    • Philadelphia - the "home" team defends their turf
    • The fans - more football!
    • I just want them to have fun

You know the drill - added a poll too for fun (BOO NO POLL IN TNF GDT thread - come on PPL)!

This should be a banger:

CHEESEHEADS UNITE

-GB got rid of DC pariah Joe Barry, and the new DC from OSU is very aggressive.   Fits the personnel much better IMO

-Aaron Jones was a beast, but had trouble staying on the field, or taking a massive workload - enter Josh Jacobs

-Jordan Love has a full year of experience, and more time to build chemistry with the talented 4-WR group (and Christian Watson is healthy - for now)

-On D personnel-wise, adding S Xavier McKinney is a massive upgrade to the middle D, an area they struggled with.   

FLY EAGLES FLY

-The coordinators turn over, much-needed.   I think Kellen Moore's penchant for power run and downfield pass game fits really well with the PHI OL & the WR's - but it does put more on the plate for Jalen Hurts.   With no Jason Kelce, there's more on Hurts' plate recognition wise as well.   How does he fare?

-Saquon Barkley is used to seeing stacked boxes, meeting defenders 0.8 yards past the LOS.   In PHI, that number is 2.5 yards+.   Green Bay's run D improved a ton in the 2H and playoffs - but this is a big test.   Saquon if healthy should have a big year, 1200-1400 rushing yards and a lot more space to work with. 

-Honestly, I'm a little worried that Vic Fangio's style may not fit the PHI D - read and react, wait for QB to make a mistake.  It really didn't gel in MIA, and more telling, Fangio didn't adjust.  I will say having Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis is one way to make the Fangio scheme work - I do want to see them play better, as their play really regressed in the 2H of last year, underachieving to their ability level.   Still, if the DL can maul the OL (which GB is a tough task, that's a top 10 OL minimum in pass pro, if not top 5), well that's a huge swing in this game.

-McKinney is huge for GB, because PHI's pass game should improve with Moore using more verticality.   Who steps up as the 3rd WR in PHI?  Gotta think Jahan Dotson will take that role over, but will it be this soon with such a short time with the team?

Personally, I think we'll see both O's thrive between the 20's.    NGL, I was leaning GB, but also having a PK with 0 NFL experience, is a pretty big crapshoot.   I think it's coming down to the last drives, looking forward to this game as much as the TNF opener.  Can't wait!

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2024/09/02/world/amazon-jungle-fires-brazil/

As excited as I am to see this game unfold ,this could be disastrous for not only the NFL given the fires/air quality in the area but its players health wise if/when the NFL puts them all at risk!

If this game was to have been relocated in the next 24/48 hrs given all of the planning,  media hoopla, promoting, TV advertising  ect.... could you imagine? I mean damn! Logistics alone would be a nightmare contingency plan that is no doubt already in effect or not!

The NFL is doing everything in their power though not to move it. Even putting these players health at risk in my opinion. I mean, I honestly get it. Money matters!

Think of the Millions (trying to think how many 10's of millions) that has already been spent on advertising and promoting this game? Prep? Lodging? Flights? Transportation? Hell that's just the NFL portion. What about the fans traveling down there for this game? 🤔

Let's be real though, they don't care about the fans traveling down there, I'ts not like any reimbursements of any kind would be given out to each and everyone of them??

Just like there are no considerations ever for NFL fans when moving games due to potential weather concerns. Thurs to Fri, Sun to Mon, Mon to Tuesdays?  

The NFL always talks about protecting the shield and its players, when in reality they protect their wallets first foremost.

All I am honestly hoping for (besides a Eagles Win of course) is a injury free game at this point and no season long lasting effects to either of our teams players health wise after playing this game in these conditions!! 🙏 🤞

Go Birds!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

I've got GB in the SB & going 13-4. (Lose to Cincy)

I got the Eagles going 10-7 & in 2nd place behind Washington. 

Sorry Eagles fans - This game will be tough for ya. But I do expect a high scoring affair.

GB - 36

Philly - 27

Philly 's Defense is going to prevent them, from winning more games this year. But 10-7 is still pretty darn good. 👍 

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Sorry Eagles fans - This game will be tough for ya. But I do expect a high scoring affair.

GB - 36

Philly - 27

Philly 's Defense is going to prevent them, from winning more games this year. But 10-7 is still pretty darn good. 👍 

I am so confident now. 

• Like 4

On 9/2/2024 at 6:32 PM, aceinthehouse said:

GB - 36

Philly - 27

Thank You Ace for making this post. I might just pick the Eagles now in Woz's (JC2832 now) Survivor thread.  

Had you picked the Eagles, I'd legit be scared. 😎🍺

PS: I just remembered you do have the Commanders winning 11+ gms for the first time in 25+ years.  So Eagles in 2nd makes perfect sense in this post. 

I'm even more excited for the game now. 👌

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Thank You Ace for making this post. I might just pick the Eagles now in Woz's (JC2832 now) Survivor thread.  

Had you picked the Eagles, I'd legit be scared. 😎🍺

PS: I just remembered you do have the Commanders winning 11+ gms for the first in 25+ years.  So Eagles in 2nd makes perfect sense in this post. 

I'm even more excited for the game now. 👌

You should be excited! Eagles are gonna have a good year. 10-7 is pretty darn good.

It's not their fault they are about to be blindsided by the *new* Dan Quinn regime.

I mean, even my own fellow football future Skinanders fans are suffering from PTSD Snyder syndrome. 

I'm the only one immune to it.... 😊 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

It's not their fault they are about to be blindsided by the *new* Dan Quinn regime.

Dan Quinn sucks. Hopefully our DC didn't ask him for advice on how to stop Jordan Love.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3